Is Irving Convention Center posted

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 4

Is Irving Convention Center posted

Post by RPBrown »

I have to go to a fundraiser event tonight and didn’t see it on Texas 30.06.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Is Irving Convention Center posted

Post by Tex1961 »

Under chapter 30.06 section E

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:43 pm Under chapter 30.06 section E

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03
I understand the law, however, Irving is still a part of Dallas county which is a far left county that doesn’t think the law applies to them
TSRA-Life member

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

True. But still, Texas law says you can

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I was at the fund raiser. If there were signs, I completely missed them and I was looking. We parked in the parking garage and walked across the short area between there and the building.

Maybe someone was standing in front of the signs. There were a lot of people milling around
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:23 am I was at the fund raiser. If there were signs, I completely missed them and I was looking. We parked in the parking garage and walked across the short area between there and the building.

Maybe someone was standing in front of the signs. There were a lot of people milling around
I carried and never saw a sign and I was also looking. We valet parked and went through the front door of the copper spaceship
Where were you setting? We were at table 14 to the far left of the stage
TSRA-Life member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RPBrown wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:40 am
chasfm11 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:23 am I was at the fund raiser. If there were signs, I completely missed them and I was looking. We parked in the parking garage and walked across the short area between there and the building.

I carried and never saw a sign and I was also looking. We valet parked and went through the front door of the copper spaceship
We were at table 98, near the main door used for entrance and exit.

As an aside, I knew someone who worked for the city of Irving. He and I argued whether or not Irving could put up signs on the Convention Center. He told me that lawyers had confirmed that Irving could and I asked "based on what?" After the Dallas Arboretum changed (they were initially posted and then the signs were taken down), I thought that Irving removed their signs, too.

I worry about events like this one because the "opposition" is militant to the point of being fanatical. I didn't see much in the way of uniformed officers. That also makes me nervous.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:30 am
RPBrown wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:40 am

We were at table 98, near the main door used for entrance and exit.

As an aside, I knew someone who worked for the city of Irving. He and I argued whether or not Irving could put up signs on the Convention Center. He told me that lawyers had confirmed that Irving could and I asked "based on what?" After the Dallas Arboretum changed (they were initially posted and then the signs were taken down), I thought that Irving removed their signs, too.

I worry about events like this one because the "opposition" is militant to the point of being fanatical. I didn't see much in the way of uniformed officers. That also makes me nervous.
I did not see ANY officers. My biggest concern was that they would try and post like the gun shows have in the past. That's why I no longer go to gun shows.
TSRA-Life member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”