Banks and CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Banks and CHL

Post by carlson1 »

LDB415 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:48 pm They took the sign down Monday before lunch so it's a done deal success.
Good job! Neither of my banks are posted 30.06. They do however have a 30.07.

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LDB415 »

Mine has 30.05 and 30.07 still but no more 30.06. I liked it better when they had no signs but will get along with this.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I went into PNC Bank today. Not even a gun buster sign on the door. None, nada zip signs forbidding firearms. Took out a cash withdrawal and went across the street to my Bank of America account to deposit cash. Again, no signs what so ever.

I live in Plano, BTW. Both banks are on opposite corners at Legacy and Independence.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:36 pm I went into PNC Bank today. Not even a gun buster sign on the door. None, nada zip signs forbidding firearms. Took out a cash withdrawal and went across the street to my Bank of America account to deposit cash. Again, no signs what so ever.

I live in Plano, BTW. Both banks are on opposite corners at Legacy and Independence.
BofA on Coit Rd the and 121 is also sign free.

Mel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mel »

Capital One, no signs. U.S. 75 & Stacy Rd.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I have accounts at Wells Fargo and American Momentum.

I have not been to WF in a few weeks so it is possible things may have changed recently but on all my visits there since Open Carry became legal I have open carried and will continue to do so.

American Momentum is not posted and I usually open carry there. Last year during all the Covid fuss, I joked with the teller asking her how she felt serving a masked man with a gun.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

Noggin wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:15 pm I have accounts at Wells Fargo and American Momentum.

I have not been to WF in a few weeks so it is possible things may have changed recently but on all my visits there since Open Carry became legal I have open carried and will continue to do so.

American Momentum is not posted and I usually open carry there. Last year during all the Covid fuss, I joked with the teller asking her how she felt serving a masked man with a gun.
I've been with Wells for years. Not a huge fan of their organization and politics, but they've done all I need them to do for me. Also, I've only seen one location post signs, but it was the office building itself posting and not Wellsfargo. Considering they're a San Francisco based company, they seem surprisingly 2A friendly in Texas.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Just to update - I visited American Momentum again this moring, open carrying as usual no problem and no comments by anyone, then I needed to go to Wallymarket and had to put on a rain jacket to comply with 30:07.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Noggin wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:27 pm Just to update - I visited American Momentum again this moring, open carrying as usual no problem and no comments by anyone, then I needed to go to Wallymarket and had to put on a rain jacket to comply with 30:07.
I have never seen a 30.07 ar any Walmart I have been into.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Only time I have had a gun pointed at me and had to put my hands in the air, was at a bank.

It’s a life changing experience.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 pm Only time I have had a gun pointed at me and had to put my hands in the air, was at a bank.

HOLY COW!!! Do tell us the story! Did you forget your ATM PIN for your debit card?

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:42 am I’ve been a Viewpoint/Legacy Texas/Prosperity Bank customer at the same Euless branch for something like 14 years now. I rarely need to go into the branch office so I can’t speak to their current status. But at least up until 2015, they never had anything but a generic "gun busters" sign. Sometime (but not immediately) after passage of open carry, I recall them posting some other kind of sign…but that was definitely after the time I sat down with the then branch manager—while open carrying my G19 in a shoulder holster—and had a friendly conversation just about life, and how things were going for the both of us. She left that job before covid hit, maybe 3 years ago, and I think it was afterwards that they might have posted some other kind of sign at that branch…but if so, there’s no record of it on the Texas3006 app.
Euless branch appears to be one of the few that does adhere to the PB corporate standard of a postcard size (hence invalid) 30.07 sign on the entry door or window next to it. A number of the Texas3006.com Prosperity Bank entries include photos, for those curious.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

LDB415 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:48 pm They took the sign down Monday before lunch so it's a done deal success.
Great job, Leo! One (well read) man CAN make a difference!

Regarding the other parallel streams of thought in this thread: My family has used WF for a long time, and (politics aside) I’ve never seen any indication that they prohibit carry. It would seem kind of hypocritical given that their logo includes a stagecoach, which a casual study of history indicates would be well-armed.

Over the past 8 years or so, we’ve been gently transitioning to USAA for most banking needs. The only thing we’re likely to leave indefinitely at WF is my wife’s business accounts. Her near 20-year account history with them is worth maintaining.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 pm Only time I have had a gun pointed at me and had to put my hands in the air, was at a bank.

Twice in my lifetime I have had a gun in my face. And you're correct it is a life changing experience.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”