Rangemaster TAC-CON 2024: Plan NOW!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Rangemaster TAC-CON 2024: Plan NOW!

Post by Paladin »

flechero wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:21 am A buddy texted me a little while ago- they are already sold out and on a waitlist! :shock:

That's like 13 hours to sell out. And they opened at 6pm on a Sunday night!
They're probably gonna need to do more than one of these a year... or perhaps there should be other groups holding Tactical Conventions? With the spread of license-to-carry and constitutional carry the demand for quality training is only going to increase.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:20 am
flechero wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:21 am A buddy texted me a little while ago- they are already sold out and on a waitlist! :shock:

They're probably gonna need to do more than one of these a year... or perhaps there should be other groups holding Tactical Conventions? With the spread of license-to-carry and constitutional carry the demand for quality training is only going to increase.
Wow. Like, wow. Sold out in 13 hours a year in advance of the event!

A big yes to additional conferences/conventions like this, even if the scope is scaled back just a bit for "auxiliary" events. For those who'd like a snapshot of the 2023 activities and classes, here's the 100-foot view:

https://h5b494.p3cdn1.secureserver.net/ ... hedule.pdf

They moved it around to other states before recently settling into the Dallas Pistol Club. And since they don't accept sponsorships of any kind I don't know if revenue is an issue. But there are other, stellar options for event locations, including PSC in Pearland. And I'm sure they could vet additional instructors to fill at least one additional event each year. Spinning off "TAC-CON Essentials 2024" as a couple of additional two-day events rather than three-day seems like it should be doable to coordinate. Give us spring and fall options. And the committed attendees could do the full Monte in March/April plus an "essentials" review the following October.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Wow.....

I didn't have the funds this time due to other training lined up, but thats INSANELY fast.

Glad I texted a friend of mine when I did or he wouldn't be going lol

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

I did however email to ask if they still needed RSOs. If you have your RSO Cert from NRA and its still valid, it would be worth checking. Good people and plenty of things to learn out there from my experience.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Actually they opened up early registration early Saturday afternoon so there's that.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”