Will Rogers Auditorium Carry?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Will Rogers Auditorium Carry?

Post by RoyGBiv »

Going to a comedy show at the Auditorium tonight and Texas3006.com has some conflicting information....
https://texas3006.com/view.php?postedse ... tion_type=+

A few posts about 51% and metal detectors... other posts say no signs and no detectors...

Anyone been recently? I hate walking back to the car. :lol:

Thanks! :tiphat:
Last edited by RoyGBiv on Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Will Rogers Auditorium Carry?

Post by RoyGBiv »

Here's an unclear answer to my question....

I decided to leave the gun in the car, rather than risking the walk back...

1. There were no posted signs of any kind. No 30.0x, no 51%. Not even at the alcohol vendor booths.
2. There were walk-through metal detectors at every entrance.

3. After finding our seats I walked over and chatted up two City of FTW officers, one of them a Sgt.
After polite greetings...
Me: I didn't see any signs, but with the metal detectors, I was wondering whether licensed carry is ok here?
Sgt: Are you carrying?
Me: :roll:
Me: No, I didn't want to have to walk back to the car, not being sure.
Sgt: I'm pretty sure it's allowed here. If you set off the detector, I should get a call to come vet you. [paraphrasing on that one]

We had a short discussion about publicly owned property rights vs privately managed service providers.... I don't think we agreed that it was ok to post but not against the law to carry past, because it's public property... Just my opinion..

Bottom line: Probably ok to carry here, but, you may be asked to wait to talk with the Po-Po.

Funny sidebar....
When I sat back in my seat, the woman next to me had her phone out and was renewing her LTC online. waiting for the show to start. I leaned over and said "If anything happens, I'm with you"... I don't think she realized I knew what she was doing (hard to miss, since she was holding up her license and typing on her phone surfing the DPS website)... After a few seconds she finally realized and told me "that was funny"..
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”