Fmr. Obama FBI Official: Terror Watch List Numbers at Border Over 10x What Bothered Me when I Was in Office

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Fmr. Obama FBI Official: Terror Watch List Numbers at Border Over 10x What Bothered Me when I Was in Office

Post by Paladin »

Don't forget to carry your pistol. An impressive number terrorists are crossing over the border:

Healy said, “[F]rom my perspective at the Terrorist Screening Center, the last three years, you’ve had 336 known or suspected terrorists arrested between entry points in the southern border. If you take the past four years, fiscal year ’17, ’18, ’19, and ’20, you had 14. So, that caused us, from my perspective, sleepless nights.”
It really is amazing how much tax money is wasted while our nation goes undefended:
Operational testing of the F-35 continues to be delayed... The more aircraft produced before testing is complete, the more it might cost to retrofit those aircraft if issues are discovered....The F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter program remains DOD's most expensive weapon system program. It is estimated to cost over $1.7 trillion to buy, operate, and sustain.
GAO F-35 Joint Strike Fighter: Cost Growth and Schedule Delays Continue
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fmr. Obama FBI Official: Terror Watch List Numbers at Border Over 10x What Bothered Me when I Was in Office

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:30 am Don't forget to carry your pistol. An impressive number terrorists are crossing over the border:

Healy said, “[F]rom my perspective at the Terrorist Screening Center, the last three years, you’ve had 336 known or suspected terrorists arrested between entry points in the southern border. If you take the past four years, fiscal year ’17, ’18, ’19, and ’20, you had 14. So, that caused us, from my perspective, sleepless nights.”
It really is amazing how much tax money is wasted while our nation goes undefended....
And worse, Washington then spends our tax dollars to sue Greg Abbott and Texas for trying to at least slow down the massive free-for-all border surge that the federal government is responsible for but choosing to ignore.

Boy, that's one job that Border Czar Kamala Harris has performed extremely well! :banghead:

TAM recommended Kurt Schlichter's novel, The Attack. The book was obviously a little rushed--I'm sure he was trying to get it published while Israel/Hamas is still at the top of the news reports--and it could have used another line-editing pass (not a slew, but enough errors to be distracting). I also think it could have been compressed if organized better: 353 pages could have been 275. But the premise and the overall scenario presented is more than chilling...and could happen. For that reason alone, I consider it a must-read.

Hint (not a spoiler; it's at the beginning of the book): one of the primary facilitating factors that allowed The Attack to happen was a highly porous border.

Also chilling--and completely in keeping with Schlichter's premise--is the information and charts in this Washington Post article from two weeks ago illustrating the border and immigration situation during the Trump and Biden administrations: https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigrat ... -compared/. A population count the size of Houston has entered the country illegally since January 2021 (not counting all the gotaways that can't be tracked), and the government has no earthly idea who 95% of them actually are or where they are in the country.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”