Do you carry a long arm in car as backup ?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
zigzag
Posts in topic: 1

Do you carry a long arm in car as backup ?

Post by zigzag »

Aside from having your primary CHL weapon.

austin

Post by austin »

30-30 with scope, magazine full, condition 1 with hammer down, 10 more on stock, 20 more shells in a box. I also have two spare mags for my pistol plus another pistol in the glove box.

Some guys carry an AK w/ folding stock or an AR along with a BOB with spare mags for the rifle and pistol.

Bodacious

Post by Bodacious »

I don't currently have the rifles I want that I would like to use in an emergency situation but even if i did I am far too paranoid that my car is going to get broken into and my rifle stolen.

Given that, I think I am going to put my sks in there.

Turfspanker

Post by Turfspanker »

I'm tempted but cars/trucks are not like home safes. They can be easily breached, and I don't like the idea of a BG using the nice rifle I purchased. Other than black market, theft is a popular way for criminals to get guns and we should do our level best to prevent it.
Suggestions on secure storage would be great.
Glock 23, Glock 27, Sig P226

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Norinco copy of the Ithaca 37 riot model w/ghost ring and mounted light. In order of chambering, 2 low-recoil 00, 2 magnum 000, and one slug. Butt cuff with 4 more 000 and another slug.

Most common issue out here is stray dogs, feral hogs or coyotes, so I'm not too worried about the time to either "rack down" to the loaded slug, or just clear one of the shot loads to make room for the one in the cuff if I need longer range than buck will give. In a human-based dynamic encounter, I'd not expect problems with any of the loads, but I like to keep low-recoil up front in case SWMBO has to use it.

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

Keltec Sub2000
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hamourkiller

Post by Hamourkiller »

CAR 15 with 20rd mag to keep the overall depth down. Plus 30 rd mag in center console.

Will938

Post by Will938 »

I carry a shotgun or AR-15 on trips, or when natural disasters are afoot. I'm considering switching off those with the FAL...probably not.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

KD5NRH wrote:Norinco copy of the Ithaca 37 riot model w/ghost ring and mounted light. In order of chambering, 2 low-recoil 00, 2 magnum 000, and one slug. Butt cuff with 4 more 000 and another slug.

Most common issue out here is stray dogs, feral hogs or coyotes, so I'm not too worried about the time to either "rack down" to the loaded slug, or just clear one of the shot loads to make room for the one in the cuff if I need longer range than buck will give. In a human-based dynamic encounter, I'd not expect problems with any of the loads, but I like to keep low-recoil up front in case SWMBO has to use it.
Me too. Great cheap shotgun. Looks menacing too. Bought the shotgun at a pawn shop for around 100 bucks. Cleaned it, lubed it, shot it. 3" 00 buckshot all the way. Keep it under the Super Duty back seat in a soft case. On long trips might bring along a Mini-14 with a couple of mags too.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

<lost>

Post by <lost> »

M134 :lol:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

My carry is a Ruger P95. it has a 4 inch barrel. My Beretta P92 is my 5 inch long barrel that I carry in my console.

:lol:

I keep an extra 4 or 5 mags in there also.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”