CHL status

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 3

CHL status

Post by dws1117 »

I know that you can check the status of your CHL application by calling the DPS. Is there any other ways of checking other than calling? Maybe somewhere online?

Also, when you call to check the status do you only get a message that says that your application is being processed?

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

Have you recieved a PIN from DPS yet? With the PIN you can go online and see the status of your application. Chances are it'll say "In Process." But, you don't have to try to get through on the phone. You can talk to a live person and get more detaled information. It isn't a free call though.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

The on-line thing has been helpful for many.

They told us during instructor school to ask students not to call to check on status until at least 60 days + mailing time, that it only takes time away from the folks trying to get the work done ... Yea, I know - it's tough waitin' sometimes ...

Most folks seem to get 'em these days withiin the time frame mentioned above, some even less. Good luck!
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Have you recieved a PIN from DPS yet?
No, I have not.

dolanp

Post by dolanp »

How long does it take to get this PIN? I mailed mine in about a week and a half ago (I know that's not long) but I want to be sure they received it. I probably should have put the tracking on it but they make you up it to Priority Mail and all of that jazz and I'm a cheapskate.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

junyor

Post by junyor »

I mailed my CHL application off back at the end of December. Mid January, I sent a note to the DPS about the PIN # so I could start checking the status.

Their response, "If it hasn't been about 4 weeks, then it's not going to be in our system yet. As soon as it's in our system, we will automatically send you out a PIN letter. Thank you for your continued patience."

So today, Feb 10th, I finally received my PIN # in the mail. I was so excited, I rushed to the computer, put in the PIN....the only thing that status page said....Processing Application. AHHH. Needless to say, it takes a lot of patience.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Needless to say, it takes a lot of patience.
Isn't that the truth.

Thanks for that information. It helps alot.

murray97

CHL Processing Time

Post by murray97 »

My application was received by DPS on Dec. 21, 2004 (I mailed via certified mail return receipt requested) and I received the CHL in the mail today, March 4, 2005. My understanding was that they were running behind on processing, and renewals are a higher priority than first-time applications.

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

Does not do any good to check online. It will just tell you it's in process.

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

one eyed fatman wrote:Does not do any good to check online. It will just tell you it's in process.
Unless there is a problem then it will say so online pretty fast.

ole-cuss

In proccess

Post by ole-cuss »

So when you get your pin number and it shows as being processed. Does that meann everything was ffine on your application as far as finger prints and all the other info? I guess what i'm trying to say is can they still send a letter sayin your application is incomplete?
G26
Kel Tec P11
Sig P232
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow".John Wayne

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

If they find a problem with your application, it will say "application incomplete" detailed letter sent" or something similar.
It could take several weeks before anyone even looks at your app and finds a problem.

Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

Two questions, once you get the PIN# ( I have it) has anyone received their CHL without the status on-line changing from "Processing Application"?

Thanks,
Jim

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”