Strangest place you have used your CHL?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbirds1210 »

oh, I don't know if it's wrong......that is about the only thing useful for your Texas CHL to do in Milwaukee......it sure will not allow you to carry a gun! :grin:
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

JohnKSa
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JohnKSa »

A while back, I travelled on business to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. When I got to the front gate, my paperwork was messed up, so I ended up hassling with them for an hour before I finally got in.

In the process, I had shown my DL repeatedly and when I finally got in the car, I threw it on the seat and drove to the parking area for the building I was going to. The lot was full so I ended up parking in the overflow area half a mile (no exaggeration) away.

When I got to the front desk of the building, I had to go through security again, and they asked for a government issued photo id. At which point I realized that my DL was half a mile away on the front seat of the rental car. Since I was already an hour late to the meeting, I decided that I would go for it. I told the guy that I had left my DL in the car--then I pulled out my CHL and asked him if this was a suitable form of identification.

He laughed and said something about not seeing many of those in Ohio. He gave me a badge and signed me in.
Do you know about the TEXAS State Rifle Association?

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

I used mine as ID for my personal tour of the White House.

Secret Service didn't even bat an eye. I couldn't tell if they were too inept to look at anything except the picture and name or if they were so confident in their security that they needen't worry.

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalrog »

GlockenHammer wrote:Secret Service didn't even bat an eye. I couldn't tell if they were too inept to look at anything except the picture and name or if they were so confident in their security that they needen't worry.
I know it is really too much to hope for, but I would wish that it was because they then knew that you had undergone a background check much more detailed than everyone else walking through the door. That and I would put my money on them if you tried anything... :lol:

My CHL has never left my wallet.

aerod1

Post by aerod1 »

I always use mine as asecong form of ID. What better ID can you present?
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
Texas CHL, C&R 03 FFL
US Navy veteran, USS Midway (V-1 division)

Show Killer

Post by Show Killer »

I used mine as a second form of id last week to cash a check. The teller didn't seem to care at all.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”