Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

austin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by austin »

"District Attorney Ray Sumrow who is so paranoid he won't even allow his photograph be posted on the official Rockwall County website."

Mr Sumrow is now an alleged Felon.

"Rockwall County's criminal district attorney for the last two decades stands accused of having nearly $68,000 in taxpayer money deposited into his personal checking account and spending it on living expenses for about a year before paying the last of it back. "

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/ ... 5b49d.html

Arock
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Arock »

austin wrote:"District Attorney Ray Sumrow who is so paranoid he won't even allow his photograph be posted on the official Rockwall County website."

Mr Sumrow is now an alleged Felon.

"Rockwall County's criminal district attorney for the last two decades stands accused of having nearly $68,000 in taxpayer money deposited into his personal checking account and spending it on living expenses for about a year before paying the last of it back. "

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/ ... 5b49d.html
Rockwall County corruption is MUCH DEEPER than just this. A few months ago the Rockwall County Treasurer plead guilty to exactly the same crime ie. misappropriation of funds.

Texas Rangers, DPS and the FBI are investigating the entire county government of Rockwall County.

It is rumored there are a total of NINETEEN people under heavy investigation in Rockwall County. Both present and former county government officials, appraisal district officials and others.

The signs are still up on the Rockwall County Government Center. It is said in the hopes of preventing the exchange of gunfire between County officials.

If Ray Sumrow rolls over on the former County Judge, County Commissioners, County Auditor, County Clerk, District Clerk and JP's there is likely to be a bloodbath.

BTW, the Rockwall County Criminal Prosecutors office is the same office that had an asssistant DA commit suicide a couple months ago when he was exposed as a homosexual pedophile predator by A TV series. Committed suicide right in front of the arresting officers and TV crew.

Add to that we already had two County Sheriffs go to federal prison, one for drug dealing and another for bull-whipping a fifteen year old during questioning. And a female County Commissioner who got caught naked in bed with the druggie sheriff. It goes on and on...

Rockwall County is a real piece of work.
We remember the Alamo because against long odds we were forced give up one building.
Mexico remembers Texas.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Liberty »

Arock wrote: Rockwall County corruption is MUCH DEEPER than just this. A few months ago the Rockwall County Treasurer plead guilty to exactly the same crime ie. misappropriation of funds.

Texas Rangers, DPS and the FBI are investigating the entire county government of Rockwall County.
It looks like there is the makings here for a good movie.

Arock

Post by Arock »

Liberty wrote:
Arock wrote: Rockwall County corruption is MUCH DEEPER than just this. A few months ago the Rockwall County Treasurer plead guilty to exactly the same crime ie. misappropriation of funds.

Dude in my head I have been writing the history of Rockwall County as a mini-series for quite a while. It's got everything a good TV series needs, money, sex, drugs, corrupt politicians, pretty secretaries sleeping their way up the corporate ladder, enough bootleggers a local Baptist church had a still under the podium, wild teenagers and wrapped in the smallest county in Texas where all the players are related since there are so few people living there.

It's gonna be called "Texas Aluminum" and it's mine.
We remember the Alamo because against long odds we were forced give up one building.
Mexico remembers Texas.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by KBCraig »

Liberty wrote:It looks like there is the makings here for a good movie.
Sounds like they need to be the site of a new Buford Pusser remake!

Arock

Post by Arock »

KBCraig wrote:
A lot of the television series "Prison Break" is filmed in Rockwall.
Mexico remembers Texas.

Smokewagon
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Smokewagon »

Slaton, Texas, public library, senior citizens activities center and police dept. which houses only the police. None compliant signs. :txflag:
Texas friendly, spoken here.

Piney
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Piney »

KBCraig wrote:
Bring in Chuck Norris.... :roll:

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Arock wrote:
Liberty wrote:

Dude in my head I have been writing the history of Rockwall County as a mini-series for quite a while. It's got everything a good TV series needs, money, sex, drugs, corrupt politicians, pretty secretaries sleeping their way up the corporate ladder, enough bootleggers a local Baptist church had a still under the podium, wild teenagers and wrapped in the smallest county in Texas where all the players are related since there are so few people living there.

It's gonna be called "Texas Aluminum" and it's mine.
"Texas Aluminum"??? :smilelol5:

Love it!

From what I understand...Now that you have stated in a public forum that its "in your head"...Thats intellectual property, and you have legal claims and precidence over any production that actually happens on this issue...

A lawyer should come in here and tell me I'm full of beans, but I think you hit a gold mine here...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Zero_G
Posts in topic: 5

Intent of 30.06 signs

Post by Zero_G »

I started looking at this thread due to a 30.06 sign showing up at my son's high school (Clear Brook in SE Houston), which I think is totally asinine. But reading this list, I think I may not understand the intent of the 30.06 law. Reading the statute, it says that any public facility may post a 30.06 sign if they wish to exclude CHL holders from carrying on their premises. Is there an exclusion to Government entities? Does the 30.06 only apply to privately owned property?

Keith

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ft Worth Zoo

Post by KD5NRH »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I hate to give legal advice on this one because an over zealous prosecutor could give you a problem. I will say this: If I go to that zoo, I will carry there without any hesitation. ;-)
Maybe we should do a CHLForum field trip to the zoo this summer. Do they still have the cool little train? :woohoo

texaseyes
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texaseyes »

I saw something on the news today that Tyler had a lot of illegal signs on their city offices. They said they are going to have to comply immediately. :grin:
The world is a dangerous place to live....not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it!
~~~Albert Einstein~~~

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Intent of 30.06 signs

Post by KBCraig »

keb wrote:I started looking at this thread due to a 30.06 sign showing up at my son's high school (Clear Brook in SE Houston), which I think is totally asinine. But reading this list, I think I may not understand the intent of the 30.06 law. Reading the statute, it says that any public facility may post a 30.06 sign if they wish to exclude CHL holders from carrying on their premises. Is there an exclusion to Government entities? Does the 30.06 only apply to privately owned property?
There is nothing in the law that forbids posting by government entities. The law just says that if a government entity does post, it has no effect on a CHL. (The statutory restrictions are still in effect: school buildings, meetings of governmental bodies, courts, etc.)

Kevin

Zero_G
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Intent of 30.06 signs

Post by Zero_G »

KBCraig wrote: There is nothing in the law that forbids posting by government entities. The law just says that if a government entity does post, it has no effect on a CHL. (The statutory restrictions are still in effect: school buildings, meetings of governmental bodies, courts, etc.)

Kevin
Kevin,
Thanks for that info. For my education, could you tell where that is stated in the law? I don't doubt you, but I don't see that in 30.06, so I'm guessing it's buried in some other section of the code. I'd expect it to be in 46.15, but if it's there, I'm missing it.

My curiosity is aroused...

Thanks again,
Keith

ElGato
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ElGato »

Where is the 30.06 posted Keith? Is it at the parking lot or the school building?
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”