Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

Post by locke_n_load »

Rex B wrote:How about an update on the Fort Worth Zoo. Is anyone pursuing this?
If not, I'll head down there today and get started.
New sign:
http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=105

Take 'em down, bro.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Mel

Post by Mel »

Still no word on Love Field. Surely someone has been there.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

bigred90gt wrote:I didn't read 60 pages to see if
It was mentioned, but the Houston gun show (at the George R Brown convention center) and the Pasadena Gun Show (Pasadena convention center) have both been posted every time I've gone. Both buildings are owned by the city, and should not be posted. Last time I went to the houston show, they actually had an officer at the door announcing the sign telling everyone that even if you are licensed you can't carry in there and will be arrested if caught. It has been a few years since I went to one, so not sure if they're still posted.
Not anymore at the GRB: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=77817#p988534
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

juno106
Posts in topic: 1

Post by juno106 »

Would someone kindly advise re Dallas Zoo?

Has any notice be given to Zoo, or any further action taken (notice to AG)?

Thanks !

puma guy
Posts in topic: 31

Post by puma guy »

Vol Texan wrote:
It was mentioned, but the Houston gun show (at the George R Brown convention center) and the Pasadena Gun Show (Pasadena convention center) have both been posted every time I've gone. Both buildings are owned by the city, and should not be posted. Last time I went to the houston show, they actually had an officer at the door announcing the sign telling everyone that even if you are licensed you can't carry in there and will be arrested if caught. It has been a few years since I went to one, so not sure if they're still posted.
I going to try to attend the Pasadena Gun Show Saturday. I'll post what I see there if I make it.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Pawpaw40

Post by Pawpaw40 »

Can anyone tell me if the Will Rogers Center will be posted for the Lone Star Gun Show this weekend?

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

puma guy wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
I going to try to attend the Pasadena Gun Show Saturday. I'll post what I see there if I make it.
I wrote a letter to Mayor Johnny Isbel of Pasadena requesting that he disallow the posting of 30.06 signs at the Pasadena Convention Center during gun shows. There was no 30.06 sign there today.

There were two signs, one containing legal mumbo-jumbo about your ticket to enter was a license granted on the condition that you do not carry a loaded weapon inside. The other sign stated flatly that loaded weapons were prohibited. There was a uniformed police officer there enforcing the ban.

I took photos of the signs. The attorney general will have copies tomorrow, along with my official complaint.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by EEllis »

dhoobler wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
I wrote a letter to Mayor Johnny Isbel of Pasadena requesting that he disallow the posting of 30.06 signs at the Pasadena Convention Center during gun shows. There was no 30.06 sign there today.

There were two signs, one containing legal mumbo-jumbo about your ticket to enter was a license granted on the condition that you do not carry a loaded weapon inside. The other sign stated flatly that loaded weapons were prohibited. There was a uniformed police officer there enforcing the ban.

I took photos of the signs. The attorney general will have copies tomorrow, along with my official complaint.
If they allow you to enter and are just requiring you to unload I don't see that as violating the actual language of the law. The spirit maybe but..........

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

dhoobler wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

Glad you were there to do that. I wasn't able to go yesterday and thought I'd go after church today, but my wife reminded me we were meeting some of our Sunday School members for lunch. SB273 as I read it states any attempt to disallow CHL is prohibited, not just 30.06 signage.

Sec. A 411.209.AA WRONGFUL EXCLUSION OF CONCEALED HANDGUNLICENSE HOLDER. (a) A state agency or a political subdivision of the state may not provide notice by a communication described by Section 30.06, Penal Code, or by any sign expressly referring to that law or to a concealed handgun license, that a license holder carrying a handgun under the authority of this subchapter is prohibited from entering or remaining on a premises or other place owned or leased by the governmental entity unless license holders are prohibited from carrying a handgun on the premises or other place by Section 46.03 or 46.035, Penal Code.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

EEllis wrote:
dhoobler wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

If they allow you to enter and are just requiring you to unload I don't see that as violating the actual language of the law. The spirit maybe but..........
if a CHL holder unloads their weapon in public that would require exposing it. That's currently a violation.

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

puma guy wrote:
EEllis wrote:
dhoobler wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

if a CHL holder unloads their weapon in public that would require exposing it. That's currently a violation.
Under the directions of a peace office at the entry table? I doubt it. And the fact that it would contradict doesn't automatically invalidate anything.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

EEllis wrote:
puma guy wrote:
EEllis wrote:
dhoobler wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

Under the directions of a peace office at the entry table? I doubt it. And the fact that it would contradict doesn't automatically invalidate anything.
You may be correct if directed by a peace officer. I am missing the point of the second statement.

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

puma guy wrote: if a CHL holder unloads their weapon in public that would require exposing it. That's currently a violation.
Under the directions of a peace office at the entry table? I doubt it. And the fact that it would contradict doesn't automatically invalidate anything.[/quote]
You may be correct if directed by a peace officer. I am missing the point of the second statement.[/quote]
The fact that you can't unload without displaying doesn't automatically render the requirement to unload invalid or actionable. Additionally by the time it could get to court the "illegal" display issue will no longer be, well, illegal. Not really a winner of an argument IMO. While it seems clearly against the intention of the new law I see nothing that would violate the actual language of the law.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 13

Post by ScottDLS »

EEllis wrote:
puma guy wrote: if a CHL holder unloads their weapon in public that would require exposing it. That's currently a violation.
You may be correct if directed by a peace officer. I am missing the point of the second statement.[/quote]
The fact that you can't unload without displaying doesn't automatically render the requirement to unload invalid or actionable. Additionally by the time it could get to court the "illegal" display issue will no longer be, well, illegal. Not really a winner of an argument IMO. While it seems clearly against the intention of the new law I see nothing that would violate the actual language of the law.[/quote]

What law would you be violating if you loaded after entering? (presuming you did it without displaying).
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

puma guy wrote:
EEllis wrote:
dhoobler wrote:
puma guy wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

:iagree: I am not going to remove a loaded weapon from its holster in front of a police officer. They have already demonstrated their ignorance of the law or, if they know the law, their willingness to willfully ignore it.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”