Exactly Why I Carry...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Armed-Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Exactly Why I Carry...

Post by Armed-Texan »

my wife is a high school teacher. she had a parent conference that really bothers me. the kiddo is doing well in the class, no disciplinary problems, nothing to worry about. report cards just went out so the parents just probably found out what my/my wife's name is. i believe wholeheartedly that it was an attempt to gain information about ME and my location. keep in mine i worked for TDCJ for six years at two different prison units. for three of these years i was a sergeant.

during the conference, the male that was there, i believe the mom's boyfriend, asked where my wife went to college. since that is easy enough to find in an open records inquiry she told him where. then he asked how she was related to me. at this point the principal intervened and told her not to answer. the ex-con said he just got out of the unit i worked at and said i was a jerk of a sergeant and he hated me. he knew my name and everything about me. he went on and on enough to be removed from the campus and is prohibited from entering any school grounds.

this is exactly why i carry. this and the common street scum. having worked around a few thousand bad guys, i never know which one is going to hold a grudge and find me in the free world.

bridge
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Exactly Why I Carry...

Post by bridge »

Wow. That would concern me if some ex-con scum bag with a chip on his shoulder knew where my wife worked...Does your wife carry? Probably can't on school grounds I guess. I'd get a local judge to issue a restraining order (not that it would prevent anything, but just to make sure the issue/event is properly documented).

I hope that's the last you see/hear of the scum bag.

Topic author
Armed-Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Armed-Texan »

thing is he never made a threat...

txflyer

Post by txflyer »

Another reason why school carry should be permitted.

As a parent I would feel far safer knowing that there are honest law abiding citizens that have the ability to use a weapon if necessary to protect my child while he's in school than I do with those stupid "Gun Free Zones" advertising a feeding a ground to the scum bags of the world.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

It can get worse.

2 years ago, my wife found one of her kiddos with a gun in his backpack.

Put the entire school on lockdown.

Of course, if SHE had the gun, she'd have been fired, and charged.
The kiddo? Suspension for a few days.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

TexasCHLforum Rule 1:No profanity, pseudo-profanity, or abbreviated profanity. If you are in doubt about a word, don't use it. Any profanity substitute that gets the profane message across is prohibited! If you violate this rule, you may (or may not) get one warning, after which all posts violating the rule will simply be deleted.
still applies
bridge wrote:Wow. That would concern me if some ex-con scum bag with a chip on his shoulder knew where my wife worked...Does your wife carry? Probably can't on school grounds I guess.
on the grounds, with a CHL, she can. just can't go into any buildings. she could (legally) leave it in her car, but she probably would still get fired if "found" out.

On the other side, yes, this is certainly a good reason to carry! Sorry your wife (and you, by proxy) had to go through that. let's hope the apple rolls out from under that tree and grows in a different direction.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Furyataurus

Post by Furyataurus »

Doesn't seem like he made the necessary "threats" to meet a Terroristic Threat(s) charge for that ex-con. Although it does state under Terroristic Threat that: place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury-Class B misdemeanor.

Jungle Work

Post by Jungle Work »

I retired after almost 35 years in Federal and State LE. I go nowhere without a firearm.
What I saw in those almost 35 years convinced me, that its better to have and not need than to need and not have.
Four years in the military, two of it in ground combat in Vietnam has also convinced me that "citizens" should always have firearms.

Jungle Work
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. CURRAHEE

Mr.Scott

Post by Mr.Scott »

The last place I worked at had a 2nd chance program for felons. I wouldn't go to work with out a firearm.
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

neukam

Post by neukam »

WOW!!! That is also the exact reason I carry. I work at the kyle Unit and I had a very serious threat a few months ago and that is the reason I got my CHL.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Wes
Ruger P345
Polish p-64
German .38 special
Class taken 6/14/08
Application submitted 6/21/08
"Processing Application": 8/12
Called DPS: 9/1
"Application Completed 9/11/08
83 days on 9/11/08

bigcarl64

Post by bigcarl64 »

Problem is, if you own any property in the state of TX, it is easy to find you online. All property records are published online, along with marriage records, and a host of other personal information. Plus, publicdata.com makes it easy as well to find someone by name.

I wish it wasn't so easy, but unfortunately, it is.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”