Texas CHL for Florida CCW

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rodnocker1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rodnocker1 »

I didn't think I was the only one to see that. Of course it would show NO charges filed against unlicensed people since the nature of the charge only involves License Holders. I see this as just a part of the logic that is used by our lawmakers. Sorry to get off topic.
Rodney

DiverDn
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DiverDn »

txinvestigator wrote: That woman does not know what she is talking about. You do not even have to BE a Texas resident to apply for and receive a Texas CHL. All one needs to do is obtain a Texas DL or DPS issued ID card and take a CHL class IN TEXAS. Period. In what state you have DL matters not.

Your out of state carry license from a state of reciprocity is valid here as long as it has not expired. Period.
+1 I may be moving out of state soon and I spoke to dps in Austin and was told that I did not have to surrender my chl when I left the state, I just had to secure a Texas ID. Upon renewl I would have to travel back to Texas to take the class.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

I spoke with the Dallas office of Texas DPS (the Austin office was to busy to answer the phone). The woman there was helpful, but I question her knowledge.
Yeah... she was dead wrong. I'm glad you finally got the right info. The local DPS offices only have knowledge of the driver's license laws. Only Austin, CHL division, handles CHL stuff. Don't trust anyone else.

Oh... and sometimes, you can't always be sure about Austin either!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”