So how many of you...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JohnKSa
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JohnKSa »

So how many of you have heard the term Bar Room Lawyer?
I have.

It's a term that someone who wants to dispense unlicensed legal advice uses to attack someone who disagrees with him.

For what it's worth, I've found police officers to be spectacularly poor sources of legal information.
Do you know about the TEXAS State Rifle Association?

JLaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JLaw »

gigag04 wrote:
dws1117 wrote:
JLaw wrote:
gigag04 wrote:you guys are only about 45 min from college station.

Nice hijack.

-nick
Nick, which roads are you taking to get to Spring in 45 minutes? I went to College Station Wednesday night and again Thursday night and it took right around 1 1/4 hrs from here to the Kroger the far south end of C.S. on Hwy 6, that was taking I45 to Conroe, 105 to Navasota, and Hwy 6 on up. Course it was dark so it was 60-65 all the way. If there's a quicker way could you let me know?

JLaw
I don't believe that Nick drives quite the speed limit. :lol: We go to College Station on a semi regular basis and it takes about an hour maybe a bit more. If anyone is intrested in a road trip to Champions someday let me know.
Actually I wasn't thinking straight - its about 45 or so from navasota (my hometown more or less) so its about an hour and some change from here. I get the times mixed up still even though I've been in the brazos valley for 10 or so years now.

If you guys come, come this week. I leave friday to go to a missionary training program at an organization in Oklahoma City. I'll still be online, but won't be able to see you guys for a LOOOOOONG time. We can shoot and go grab dinner or something.

Also - from spring - Take 45 -> 242 -> 1488 -> 1774 -> 105 -> Hwy 6

This route I just listed is the Hypotenuse of the traingle fromed by 45 and 105...or....in plain english...this is the straightest line between to points.

If y'all wanna do this PM me or email me and we can get something going.

-nick

PS - if you come up here on a semi regular basis why hasn't my phone been ringing?
I was there again this morning, Gigag04. (Third time in 5 days) I considered pm'ing you to get a phone number but I was in a rush to get there (refrigeration problems at a store), and didn't have much time to wait around. Unfortunately, I probably won't make it up this week, back to my normal M-F 8:00-4:00 shift. Missionary training program, huh? Your a good man, Nick. Takes a strong person to perform that calling. We'll keep you in our prayers!

JLaw

gigag04
Posts in topic: 5

Post by gigag04 »

JLaw wrote:
I was there again this morning, Gigag04. (Third time in 5 days) I considered pm'ing you to get a phone number but I was in a rush to get there (refrigeration problems at a store), and didn't have much time to wait around. Unfortunately, I probably won't make it up this week, back to my normal M-F 8:00-4:00 shift. Missionary training program, huh? Your a good man, Nick. Takes a strong person to perform that calling. We'll keep you in our prayers!

JLaw
I'm about to PM it to you now. Yeah if you're intersested in learning more about the organization its http://www.heartofgod.com - they focus mainly on the 1040 window.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
one eyed fatman
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by one eyed fatman »

JohnKSa wrote:
I have.

It's a term that someone who wants to dispense unlicensed legal advice uses to attack someone who disagrees with him.

For what it's worth, I've found police officers to be spectacularly poor sources of legal information.
What you say is true.

Geez! I started this thread to joke about myself being called a bar room lawyer thirty years ago and look what happens. Some people here must be under a lot of stress.

Diode
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Diode »

I figure if I ever get into leagal trouble I am hiring everyone in this Forum as my legal team ( I assume you'll work cheap) If I turn this group lose on a jury they will be begging to aquite me.

On day one we'll throw Chas at them with his 47 display boards of how the law is written.... followed by TX to show them in a live demonstration on how I drew to defend myself. Then I am thinking a couple of stories for One-Eye will will close up day one....... ;-)

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 8

Post by txinvestigator »

one eyed fatman wrote:
JohnKSa wrote:
I have.

Geez! I started this thread to joke about myself being called a bar room lawyer thirty years ago and look what happens. Some people here must be under a lot of stress.

No, you started it to attack another member under the guise of a joke about you, but its clear to everyone your intent.

I'll let you in on a tip. When conducting investigations, we pay close attention to the details that people use to describe events. When a person changes those details it is a strong indicator of deception. That's because they are based in lies and not reality. People often have trouble keeping accurate and consistant statements when not being honest.
one eyed fatman wrote: Talking to a cop 20 years ago was a personal attack? I didn't know.

one eyed fatman wrote:Twenty years ago that cop was calling me a bar room lawyer
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”