new member..

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbirds1210 »

WOW! CXM, this is a class act. This forum just wont stop amazing me! It is really awesome that you stepped in! Thanks.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

sparx

Post by sparx »

Glad you made it to TexasCHLforum RKirby, and glad to hear you and your boss are doing well!
NRA, TSRA, TXGR, SAF, GOA & FPC
"I'm not terrified of guns, I'm terrified of gun-free zones!"

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Welcome RKirby. As you can see by CXM's actions, there are some very helpful people here.

Way to step up CXM
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I'd definitely say that God was looking out for you.
I am of the opinion, however, that He expects us to act on our faith in Him. (I tell dh that I keep my gun handy everywhere its legal, practice, and depend on God to do what I can't.)
If money is an issue, take cxm up on his offer.
(That was very kind of you cxm, and that kindness will return to you.)
Really, you and your wife should both get CHLs. One in four women will be a victim at some point in her life. That's more likely than a house fire. She needs to be armed too.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

kw5kw

Re: new member..

Post by kw5kw »

cxm wrote:Howdy,

Don't let money stop you from getting your CHL.

Not sure what part of DFW you are in, but I'm in DFW too and am a CHL instructor. I don't want anyone getting hurt because of the cost of the CHL course. Given your situation, I'll let you take my next class at my cost (range fee, and DPS document fee) which will help you considerably in affording the license (less than $20) which includes finger prints and photos.

Drop me a private email and we can set up the class.

V/r

Chuck
Bravo...3 cheers...Hip Hip Hoorray!Hip Hip Hoorray!Hip Hip Hoorray!

The world needs more of this type of attitude.

Russ

progun47

Re: new member..

Post by progun47 »

cxm wrote:Howdy,

Don't let money stop you from getting your CHL.

Not sure what part of DFW you are in, but I'm in DFW too and am a CHL instructor. I don't want anyone getting hurt because of the cost of the CHL course. Given your situation, I'll let you take my next class at my cost (range fee, and DPS document fee) which will help you considerably in affording the license (less than $20) which includes finger prints and photos.

Drop me a private email and we can set up the class.

V/r

Chuck

I don't know you.....but you are sure are a class act. It's good to see folks willing to give their time to help another, it rare these days. I applaude you.

RKirby wrote:Hello everyone.

[SNIP]

I never applied for a CHL because of the cost. I have a member of my family with a (very expensive) chronic illness and another that's about ready to start driving. I just never could justify spending the $250.00 or so for a CHL permit. There was always something more important to spend the money on.

No more excuses, we're going to find the money for the permit no matter what. I seem to have developed a new sense of priorities in the past week.
:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”