Carry into Post Office?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bubba
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bubba »

Stupid laws just P___ me off !
Now think for a minute, what about explosives ?
Everyone that drives a late model vehicle onto Federal property is carrying an explosive device !
:roll:
And just think, the Feds mandated that it has to be in every vehicle !
Yes, I'm bitter.

dolanp
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dolanp »

FWIW I did receive a response from the ATF eventually and even though they are not allowed to give legal rulings or advice, they expressed their opinion that it was illegal because of the Code of Federal Regulations, USC notwithstanding. They could be right or they could be wrong, a judge would need to make the call.

For an interesting look into SCOTUS' opinion on this CFR see US v. Kokinda. The results of that case make me think you might get convicted of a CFR violation (though compared to the USC violation, it's nothing).
Springfield XD 9mm Service

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Here's the Kokinda opinion...

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/project ... kinda.html

Interesting...Even though its about First Amendment rights as it pertains to Solicitation, in regards to accessablity and premisis issues...

I find it difficult to imagine how hard it is to be a licensed individual who carries a handgun for lawful "self-defense" purposes, to not shoot anyone in a Post Office...

I can't imagine how hard that must be.../sarcasm

Remember, I have always felt that it has nothing to do with intent; its just another stupid, idiotic feel-good crapola Federal regulation...That does nothing to thwart a concerted effort by someone who's intent IS to do harm to others...

Therefore I choose to do as little, or zero business in facilities that are posted in this manner...

I'm sure that another assumption is that the people who support regulations, like this, assume people live to spend all day in facilities like this...And have nowhere else to be...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”