Unusual 51% Location

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
wrightcrew
Posts in topic: 1

Unusual 51% Location

Post by wrightcrew »

I recently played a round of golf at Z. Boaz (a Fort Worth municipal course). This was the first time I have played there since receiving my CHL. When I walked into the pro shop, I noticed a 51% sign on the wall. Now, I know that a lot of people drink a lot of beer while playing golf, but this surprised me. In this case, would the 51% sign apply to the pro shop only, or to the entire golf course?

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

That does seem like an odd posting. The penal code states (paraphrasing): that it is illegal to carry if that business derives 51% or more of its revenues from the sale of alcoholic beverages for on premise consumption.

It doesn't say anything about 51% or more of the people drinking. :???:

Maybe the Pro-Shop qualifies, I have no idea what their sales are.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Personally, I think it's wrong. Consider every green fee and cart rental. Now, say that each person bought more to drink than they spent on green fees and rentals.
Just on the face, It just ain't happening. Consider all the early morning golfers that don't drink. I would be on the phone to TABCif they are saying it's the entire course.
Now, if it's just a small area considered a bar, then that area needs to be delineated.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”