Met my first 30.06 sign

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Met my first 30.06 sign

Post by Venus Pax »

I came across my first 30.06 sign today. I was in Baytown at one of the San Jacinto hospital professional buildings. I had to turn around and put my gun back in my car. It made me very uncomfortable, as Baytown is known for its crime.
Time did not permit me to go to the management offices in the nearby hospital when my appointment was complete, but I was hoping to talk to someone there and give a no guns= no money card.
Would a letter be more appropriate?
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbirds1210 »

IMO, a letter would be more appropriate. It is not likely that you will come in contact with anyone that is even close to having the ability to make hospital policy decisions. I could be wrong about this, but a letter might make a smoother and more professional argument for our cause. In my case, it is hard for me to remain calm and professional about something I feel so passionately about! I am sure you could do a better job of it than I can..good luck with your decision.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Agree w/ jbirds. For small businesses the card & a cordial personal visit will do a lot more to show character of CHL holders. For big coorporations the letter will do more. It is forever even if it is shoved under the matt for a while. For small businesses it is also a very good visual & immediate revelation if you get the things you were going to purchase & say this is the sale you have lost today. Only one place in my town posted properly.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Why not both? Do a quick personal visit with whomever you can find, leaving a card, and then follow it up with a letter referencing the discussion.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Good job Johnny :thumbsup: .
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I think I'll do both. Thanks, folks!
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Saw my first official 30.06 sign also. Not too many up here in the boonies.

The sign is posted, meets all legal requirements, at the entrances to Hendrick Hospital in Abilene. The one I saw is on the entrance to the Shelton Building, where I go for my daily cancer radiation treatments.

Didn't phase me too much since I have decided to leave the guns locked up until all the treatments are over. One side effect is being real tired all the time, not the best state of mind to be carrying.

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

DaveT wrote:Didn't phase me too much since I have decided to leave the guns locked up until all the treatments are over. One side effect is being real tired all the time, not the best state of mind to be carrying.
Thats a very responsible choice. I have much respect for you, that shows a lot of restraint, especially in a trying time period of your life.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

cyphur wrote:
DaveT wrote:Didn't phase me too much since I have decided to leave the guns locked up until all the treatments are over. One side effect is being real tired all the time, not the best state of mind to be carrying.
Thats a very responsible choice. I have much respect for you
I completely agree!!
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”