Which Houston hosptals are NOT posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Which Houston hosptals are NOT posted?

Post by Venus Pax »

Going to a doctor's office in a professional building in Baytown, I was irritated to have to turn back and put my CCW in my vehicle. I understand that most hospital ERs and main entrances are posted.
Have you been to a hospital/ER lately that was NOT posted?
If so, share with us the hospital name and location.

Oh, I've only noticed the hospital's professional building in Baytown. It is the Independence Plaza, which is a part of San Jacinto Hospital, so I'm guessing that the hospital and ER are also posted.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

IcheeWaWa
Posts in topic: 1

Post by IcheeWaWa »

Our family Dr. is probably in that same building at San Jac. I've learned to leave my weapon in the vehicle when I take the kids to the Dr. or just go pick up a prescription. I don't recall whether or not the ER is posted. There is usually a BPD officer in the ER working.

Commander

Presbyterian Hospital of Greenville

Post by Commander »

Was at Presbyterian Hospital of Greenville today. It is posted with non-30.06 signage with white letters stuck on the glass entry door. I don't remember the exact wordage, but it was something to the effect "Possession of a firearm on these premises is prohibited by law" and no reference at all to section 30.06.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

It sounds like the Greenville hospital just wants thugs out. Unfortunately, that sign won't keep many of them out.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

TxFire

Post by TxFire »

My wife was in Baylor hospital in Garland last weekend via the ER and it was posted with " Possesion of a firearm on these is prohibited by State Law." and a Ghostbusters sign. So I proceded as usual. I've been to this ER MANY times via the Ambulance entrance and never took notice. Not a concern when on duty. Upon her discharge post emergency Apendectomy, I checked the main hospital entrance and it did not have 30.06 compliant sign either.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

TxFire wrote:My wife was in Baylor hospital in Garland last weekend via the ER and it was posted with " Possesion of a firearm on these is prohibited by State Law." and a Ghostbusters sign. So I proceded as usual. I've been to this ER MANY times via the Ambulance entrance and never took notice. Not a concern when on duty. Upon her discharge post emergency Apendectomy, I checked the main hospital entrance and it did not have 30.06 compliant sign either.
I believe that Baylor may be considered a school, there may be some argument that this is a ''gray area'' but at the least, it does have student's and is a teaching Hospitial.

When the V.A. sends me there I don't carry.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

barres

Post by barres »

Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Woodlands does not have 30.06 compliant signs. Carried there a couple of weeks ago.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

TxFire

Post by TxFire »

If you want to get technical, every hospital likely has a medical student of some sort at any given time. I did my Paramedic clinical internship at multiple Dallas area hospitals through UT Southwest Medical School. Most hospitals have Dr's doing either their Internship or Residency at any given time also. So that would make ALL hospitals off limits regardless of a proper 30.06 posting. I do not believe that was anywhere near the legislative intent of the school restriction. The legislature decided to have hospitals properly post per 30.06, so that leads me to believe that is the only reason you might be prevented from carrying. We could take this whole school issue pretty far if we wanted to make it anywhere students are present. But I do not feel was the intent. That is my .02 worth.

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

Most of the hospitals in the Texas Medical Center are not properly posted. Ben Taub and St. Luke's are unposted. Methodist and Memorial Hermann are posted with signs that nowhere near comply with 30.06.

Texas Children's is properly posted 30.06.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”