Just out of curiosity...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sparx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sparx »

Diode wrote:Where did "FREEZE" come fro manyway? Was it Manix or Rockford Files. Starsky & Hutch maybe..... Doesn't matter it was Hollywood I am willing to bet. I'l lbe yelling something I hope they understand me. :)
I think it may have even pre-dated them... Maxwell Smart maybe? Oh, wait a minute... he just spoofed what was already out there I think. Cannon? Nah, he might have said that, but it was probably just in reference to saving his leftovers. Couldn't have been 5-0... that was "book'em Dano!" Hmmm. ;-)
NRA, TSRA, TXGR, SAF, GOA & FPC
"I'm not terrified of guns, I'm terrified of gun-free zones!"

Diode
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Diode »

sparx wrote:
Diode wrote:Where did "FREEZE" come fro manyway? Was it Manix or Rockford Files. Starsky & Hutch maybe..... Doesn't matter it was Hollywood I am willing to bet. I'l lbe yelling something I hope they understand me. :)
I think it may have even pre-dated them... Maxwell Smart maybe? Oh, wait a minute... he just spoofed what was already out there I think. Cannon? Nah, he might have said that, but it was probably just in reference to saving his leftovers. Couldn't have been 5-0... that was "book'em Dano!" Hmmm. ;-)
Surely it doesn't date back to Joe Friday! I do believe it was Eddie Murphy that added the ending part "FREEZE #$$%$#$#" Hmmm, we need more research here.

1TallTXn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 1TallTXn »

Good point about "Freeze" I'd never really thought about it. I was going to go with the "staring down the barrel" and hope they didn't make me pull the trigger

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”