A technical question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Venus Pax »

txinvestigator,
I actually went out and bought looser fitting pants and shorts. The problem was that it wasn't held close enough to my body to conceal and/or it slipped a bit too much (worried me that it would slip out if I bent over). When I went back to the smaller size, I found they concealed a little better, since they held the gun/holster closer to my body and I didn't have as much bulge.
I may need to get looser fitting shirts, but that is difficult without looking pregnant. (Nothing against pregnant people, but I'm not pregnant, so I won't be going for the look.)
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbirds1210 »

Hey there.....I prevented the pregnant look long ago :grin: I am currently working to rid myself of that problem by pushing myself away from the table :!:

Have you tried making your belt a little tighter? I know that sounds elementary, but a loose belt can make for a miserable IWB carry experience.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txinvestigator »

Venus Pax wrote:txinvestigator,
I actually went out and bought looser fitting pants and shorts. The problem was that it wasn't held close enough to my body to conceal and/or it slipped a bit too much (worried me that it would slip out if I bent over). When I went back to the smaller size, I found they concealed a little better, since they held the gun/holster closer to my body and I didn't have as much bulge.
I may need to get looser fitting shirts, but that is difficult without looking pregnant. (Nothing against pregnant people, but I'm not pregnant, so I won't be going for the look.)
I may have missed it, but are you wearing a quality GUN belt?
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

pfgrone

Post by pfgrone »

Although I prefer front pocket carry normally, I feel like my guns print too badly when I'm wearing dress slacks (as opposed to Dockers or jeans) to church. I wear a SmartCarry then with my Kahr PM9. Doesn't print at all. And is so comfortable that I forget I have it on. And no chance of the church huggers feeling the gun. I wear my regular size pants but just leave the belt one notch looser. I don't have an IWB holster so I can't say if the draw would be slower but I imagine it would slower with the SmartCarry.

Paul G.

barres

Post by barres »

Fist, Inc. makes a line of holsters designed by and for women. Check them out at LadyFist Holsters.

+1 to the loose-fitting vest if you can handle an extra layer of clothing in the Texas weather. I know my wife can't, but many that I work with always seem to have a vest or light jacket that would make a good cover garment.

Also +1 to finding an old pager (doesn't even have to work) and clipping it right next to or maybe even over your gun. The outline of the pager would be far more easily recognized than your firearm, since everyone these days has a pager or two and a cell phone or three on them.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

That Bersa should be fairly easy to conceal. Not sure if Galco makes one for it or not, but their line of deep concealment holsters are excellent at dropping that grip down low and helping to conceal better. I have one for both my BUG's and they work great. I think it's comperable to the concealment offered by my Milt Sparks VMII for my Kahr. There's no substitute for a good belt and holster combo.

If confronted by store security I would ask why I was being detained. I would tell them that I would gladly answer questions. They can ask away but if they want to search me, a LEO would have to be present. Then, I could offer him my CHL and ID. BUT, if you're concealing well, you should have no problems. I carry all mine at about 2 o'clock with no problems. I shift slightly when I sit but it's pretty comfortable and conceals well next to little gut that I have.......try a bunch of different methods and find one that works well for you.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”