New online CHL application & procedures

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

txcshooter

Re: New online CHL application & procedures

Postby txcshooter » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:57 pm

txtaxman wrote:
txcshooter wrote:My wife's original CHL expired in Nov '14. She would now like to carry again. My question is, will she be able just to do a renewal or will she have to start over with a new LTC. I do know that she will need to have her digital prints done, since that's what I was required to do when I renewed. I just tried entering her info on the renewal side of the DPS website but was told she is not in the system. YIKES!!

Since her license expired more than 1 year ago, she will have to start all over, take the class, pay the full fee, and submit fingerprints.

Yup, that's what I figured. :???: Thanks txtaxman. :tiphat: Would you happen to know how much the classes cost now and how long is the class, 6 hrs?
G26 (OD Green), Mossberg 20ga p/a, SWSD9VE
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

txtaxman

Postby txtaxman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:29 am

txcshooter wrote:Yup, that's what I figured. :???: Thanks txtaxman. :tiphat: Would you happen to know how much the classes cost now and how long is the class, 6 hrs?

The cost of a class is set by the instructor. LTC Classes are required to be 4 to 6 hours plus the time on the firing range.
LTC Instructor Since 1995
Lamar County

timsatx

Postby timsatx » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:36 pm

GlassG19 wrote:
tonygz88 wrote:Hi everyone! Sure am glad I found this forum, lots of good info. I completed my class 2 weeks ago and submitted my CHL-100 and fingerprints about a week and a half ago. Today I read on the checklist to submit my DD-214 (somehow missed that) Do you think it will cause a problem that I submitted them separately? I'm hoping to see status updates by the end of the month. Super pumped about being able to carry here.

When I did my renewal I submitted all the documents including my DD-214. Lo and behold, I shortly received a letter telling me I had to either send them the copy of the DD-214 or pay the remaining amount owed. I sent it to them but they obviously don't seem to use all information sent to them online as they say to do.

txcshooter

Postby txcshooter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:48 pm

txtaxman wrote:
txcshooter wrote:Yup, that's what I figured. :???: Thanks txtaxman. :tiphat: Would you happen to know how much the classes cost now and how long is the class, 6 hrs?

The cost of a class is set by the instructor. LTC Classes are required to be 4 to 6 hours plus the time on the firing range.

Sounds good, thank you sir. :tiphat:
G26 (OD Green), Mossberg 20ga p/a, SWSD9VE
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”