New online CHL application & procedures

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 15

Re: New online CHL application & procedures

Post by GlassG19 »

Thanks tbryanh.
Ok, I did online application on 12/4/15 & I have down loaded CHL-100 (12-11-15) & sent that, should I be expecting a confirmation email yet even though my fingerprinting is not done yet (appt 12/17/15) or should I be expecting an email confirmation AFTER Fingerprinting is done? I would think I would have gotten the email confirming I sent app & CHL-100.

:fire
Keep Shootin....
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

twjones
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twjones »

GlassG19 wrote:Thanks tbryanh.
Ok, I did online application on 12/4/15 & I have down loaded CHL-100 (12-11-15) & sent that, should I be expecting a confirmation email yet even though my fingerprinting is not done yet (appt 12/17/15) or should I be expecting an email confirmation AFTER Fingerprinting is done? I would think I would have gotten the email confirming I sent app & CHL-100.

Keep Shootin....
If you submitted your CHL-100 via online then you should of received an e-mail confirmation to the e-mail you provided on the application.

If you did it yesterday (12/11), you likely won't get one until Monday. You won't get any confirmation after finger printing.

I submitted my CHL-100 on a Saturday and didn't receive my confirmation e-mail until Monday.

Hope this helps.

twjones

Post by twjones »

One more note, you should of received a confirmation your application was submitted.

Then you'll get one state supporting documents have been received.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Yes, I did get a "sent successful" I believe is what it said when I sent the CHL-100 and I just "X'ed" out of it. I wasn't sure if before or after the fingerprinting.
I'm sure you're right, probably Monday, if not Monday or Tuesday should I call? Thanks man.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

tbryanh
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tbryanh »

I received three emails, one from DoNotReply@texas.gov, one from RSD_Customer_Relations@dps.texas.gov, and one from noreply@morphotrust.com.

DoNotReply@texas.gov
"This email confirms you have submitted an online application. See below for the checklist of items required to complete your application. . . ."

RSD_Customer_Relations@dps.texas.gov
"We have received your License To Carry supporting documents. Please allow up to six weeks for processing. . . ."

noreply@morphotrust.com
"This email receipt has been auto generated as a result of your recently completed fingerprint appointment. . . ."

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Yes, I should be good then, I got the the 1st email confirming application "barcode w/numbers & checklist" was sent successful. (The 2nd email confirming that I sent
CHL-100 in "should be in my inbox (tomorrow) Monday or Tuesday" since I just downloaded (pdf file) & sent in successful on 12/11) & the 3rd confirming the fingerprints sent successful this Thursday 12/17.,, I really am impressed with all the great folks on here willing to help others that are (clueless) like myself lol! on this process but,,,!! finally I got it now cause of this site.
I will update my timeline as it comes & goes. Thursday 12/17 fingerprinting.

Keep Shootin.....

tonygz88
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tonygz88 »

Hi everyone! Sure am glad I found this forum, lots of good info. I completed my class 2 weeks ago and submitted my CHL-100 and fingerprints about a week and a half ago. Today I read on the checklist to submit my DD-214 (somehow missed that) Do you think it will cause a problem that I submitted them separately? I'm hoping to see status updates by the end of the month. Super pumped about being able to carry here.

tbryanh
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tbryanh »

tonygz88 wrote:Hi everyone! Sure am glad I found this forum, lots of good info. I completed my class 2 weeks ago and submitted my CHL-100 and fingerprints about a week and a half ago. Today I read on the checklist to submit my DD-214 (somehow missed that) Do you think it will cause a problem that I submitted them separately? I'm hoping to see status updates by the end of the month. Super pumped about being able to carry here.
I would call DPS and ask them what to do. The instructions say to submit documents only once.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tonygz88 wrote:Hi everyone! Sure am glad I found this forum, lots of good info. I completed my class 2 weeks ago and submitted my CHL-100 and fingerprints about a week and a half ago. Today I read on the checklist to submit my DD-214 (somehow missed that) Do you think it will cause a problem that I submitted them separately? I'm hoping to see status updates by the end of the month. Super pumped about being able to carry here.
No problem at all. Just upload the DD-214.

Chas.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Hi everybody, I was checking with anyone who would know if I'm suppose to (scan & email) or (snail mail) my FINGERPRINTING SHEET to RSD? Reason I'm asking is cause I've read & been told that the fingerprinting people do it & she (Omega on Mason Rd) said she just signs it & "I'm" supposed to send it, I asked her email or mail & she said she didn't know. I just need finalize this process but wanna get it right. I've already got "supporting documents" email confirmation on Monday for CHL-100 received.
Please answer if know....

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Never mind, got it downloaded (pdf file) & sent! Whooweee, finally, now the REAL WAIT BEGINS, but one step closer..

jamminjimmy

Post by jamminjimmy »

Help please???? I have had a Texas chl since 2007. I have not carried or even kept up with the status other than sending in my renewal in 2012. My question is, I am going to start carrying again and was just curious and want to make sure that my chl status is still in good standing. I am almost sure it is as i have not even received a traffic ticket. i go to the DPS website and type in my dl and birthdate information in and it pulls up all my information. so would this website also tell me if it was suspended/revoked for some unknown reason?

thanks for your help.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

jamminjimmy wrote:Help please???? I have had a Texas chl since 2007. I have not carried or even kept up with the status other than sending in my renewal in 2012. My question is, I am going to start carrying again and was just curious and want to make sure that my chl status is still in good standing. I am almost sure it is as i have not even received a traffic ticket. i go to the DPS website and type in my dl and birthdate information in and it pulls up all my information. so would this website also tell me if it was suspended/revoked for some unknown reason.

What's the expiration date on CHL license? is it on your birthday 2016? & when did you get your CHL, 2012? They're usually good for 4yrs. From what I've read on here, almost 99.9% sure it would show you if your licensed were suspended or revoked on that site your talking about & RSD site ALSO & I'm pretty sure moderator would know 100%.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/chl.aspx
Just click & open drop down box
"renewal handgun license "& put in your CHL number along w/ your personal info & submit question to them. Hope this helps..

Keep Shootin.......

jamminjimmy

Post by jamminjimmy »

my chl does not expire until 2019 so i must have renewed it in 2013 or 2014. weird thing is that my dl expires before that date. LOl. oh well, i guess i will follow that link you provided to me. I am almost 100% sure it is still good. i just want to make damn sure. i dont think i have carried for 4 or 5 years. May 'moderator" will read this post and shed some more light....
thank You very much for your help.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

jamminjimmy wrote:my chl does not expire until 2019 so i must have renewed it in 2013 or 2014. weird thing is that my dl expires before that date. LOl. oh well, i guess i will follow that link you provided to me. I am almost 100% sure it is still good. i just want to make darn sure. i dont think i have carried for 4 or 5 years. May 'moderator" will read this post and shed some more light....
thank You very much for your help.

:tiphat:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”