onerifle
Posts in topic: 1

Two dead in office shooting

Post by onerifle »

Two dead in office shooting
By S.K. BARDWELL
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mp ... y2/3168919

Two people are dead following a shooting in a west Houston office building, authorities said.

The shooting happened about 9 a.m. in the Cameron Building, on the West Sam Houston Parkway near Equity.

Some employees evacuated from the building after the shooting are now being allowed to return.

Details to follow.
"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes- a man who does not ask is a fool forever."

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Interesting comment in the article about the building having no metal detectors.

ghentry
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ghentry »

That's right down the street from my office. Channel 13's website says: "A man armed with a small arsenal went into..."

Two handguns is a small arsenal? :roll:

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Good thing he didn't have 3 guns. :roll:

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

As far as the media is concerned, if it's more than one gun, it's an arsenal.
I'm surprised they didn't automatically claim he had an AK47.

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

I was waiting for them to say Assault Rifle too. The first report I read stated a pistol was found, a revolver, and an automatic weapon? Now everything I'm seeing says a .357 revolver and a semi-automatic handgun.

"First on the scene. First to bring you erroneous facts. We're Channel (fill in the blank) News!"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ghentry wrote:"First on the scene. First to bring you erroneous facts. We're Channel (fill in the blank) News!"
Amen!!

anygunanywhere

Being Safe at Work

Post by anygunanywhere »

When are employers going to be held accountable for the safety of their workers? The workplace violence provisions OSHA has in place are bull. One of the largest workplace related injury is violence related, and more women die at work from violence than all other work related incidents. The law abiding person must disarm while the loonies who want to take someone to the grave with them obviously have no disregard for the law, much less "company policy". You can bet your sweet he didn't consult with HR before he did what he did.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

Was this company a "gun-free" zone? I mean after all, it helps "prevent violence in the work place." :twisted:

What a load of crap. Now only one victim was shot, but what if this nut wanted to start capping others? I think a TRS with 230 gr G.S.'s would go a long way to "prevent violence in the work place" had he wanted to shoot others. What about "respect and dignity" or employees? To say you don't trust your employee to protect himself and not allowing him to is not only disrespectful, but it takes his dignity as well.

Any other corporate buzz phrases I missed? (I was trying to be "a go-getter", and "think outside the box", by "shifting and breaking paradigms.)

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

anygunanywhere

Old Buzz Phrases.

Post by anygunanywhere »

The proper "benchmark" would be for employees to be allowed to pack their 1911 (or whatever) on their hip. Sure would relieve stress and reduce workplace violence. My wife knows that if I something - anything - happens to me at work, the lawsuit will make anything before look like a JP court action. If employers choose - decide - not to protect their workers by banning firearms, they will pay the price.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”