Wells Fargo incident

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bubba
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bubba »

Just took CHL renewal class Saturday 10-15-2005 and one of the comments made by instructor was "they (DPS) don't class it as a form of identification".
I hadn't heard that before, hmmmmm ...

just FYI,
Bubba

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stevie_d_64 »

XD_Dan wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Having a bank that I don't bank at, having a copy of my name, CHL license number, and address is not any of thier business.

Maybe I'm being up tight, but at least they should have had the courtesy to ask. All in all, I won't be waking up in the middle of the night with cold sweats because they have a semi copy of my chl.

-nick
I agree that making a copy is a bit rediculous, and that it really is none of their business, but you offered up your CHL.

I think you did the right thing by demanding that they black out your info, but really...would you wake up in a cold sweat if they hadn't? :shock:

With the magnetic strip on the back of TDL's, wouldn't they be privy to all that info had they swiped it? Perhaps not your CHL number. :?:
This is true...But they should not, in the same regard, be taken back by your insistance that they destroy that information after they approve of that form of ID...And prove it to you...

Then we could all be happy I suppose...

Also, I don't think my magnetic info strip on the back of my TDL works anymore for some reason...I just don't know why it stopped giving out information to anyone who tries to read it... :shock:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”