Rules for wally world first time out with CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Morgan
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Rules for wally world first time out with CHL

Post by Morgan »

bdickens wrote:Sorry, it has to be WalMart. :rules: This was hashed out in another thread a while back and if I remember right, the conclusion was that it had to be WalMart because it will try your patience a lot more.
Too late...asked and answered, I've done mine at Target and set the precedent. The world evolves.

Frankly, it just depends on where you are anyway. Where I live, the Target and the WalMart are both close to a major mall and have largely the same clientele. The walmart isn't NEAR as trashy as some I've seen.

subsonic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by subsonic »

Morgan wrote:Too late...asked and answered, I've done mine at Target and set the precedent. The world evolves.
It's not really a Wally Walk unless it happens at Walmart but you could start a new tradition of a Target Trek (or Tar-zhey Traipse?) .
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I like Target Traipse yeah. LOL

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

Don't forget the Randall's Ramble, Safeway Shuffle, and PetSmart Patrol!
Byron Dickens

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

If you go into a furniture store and sit in every recliner and fully recline, and lay down on every couch... that could be the Haverty's Hump... but you should probably stay out of the bedding section..... :smilelol5:

scootergeek

Post by scootergeek »

Only good rule I see for the wally walk is to not get that foul stuff called cheese on your shirt. And if you do dont wash it just burn the damn thing. I dont want that crap in our water supply. It was bad enough the first time I ate them.
:smilelol5:

wwalker

Post by wwalker »

I took two of my kids to Wally World to buy Christmas presents - for my other two.
Walking, bending down, reaching up, crawling on the floor, pushing a cart, picking up kids to get in - and out of the cart, chasing down a loose kid, testing the toys...

I think I should get extra credit.

Supertuck with G27

Tallinthesaddle

Post by Tallinthesaddle »

Ever wonder if more than one person is at your local Wal-Mart on the first Wally Walk??
I saw two guys today at the ammo counter who were wearing light jackets and eyeing each other nervously!

SkinnyB78

Post by SkinnyB78 »

Synopsis of my Wally Walk:

Plastic in hand = 12/30/2008
12/31/2008 was first available time to stroll around wally world. Proof to follow. . .

Ah, good ol' wally world

So can you tell where I'm concealing? Squatting and still no printing.

I'm 5'10", 130 lbs chick. Proving you cannot see even with my arms raised up pretty high.

Back at the ammo, awaiting associate to assist.

Crawling around on the floor looking at Zune accessories

Just to give some perspective on how long the lines were this evening, I went to where the register is and my partner in crime remained at the back of the line to snap the photo.

Totally bored while standing in line, I decided to take a pic of the front of me from my angle to show that I still don't print.

Okay, here's where I was concealing...

And this is how

I was having so much fun I decided to stop at Walgreen's on the way home just for a double whammy. Let's just say, the Walgreen's in my neighborhood can try anyone's patience.

And for some light humor to end my post. I was thoroughly enjoying the B.O. items available at the local Walgreen's so I thought I would post the pic that it doesn't matter if your carrying, you can still have some fun. (No I did not purchase these items.)

edit: Oh, I did use the restroom too but fortunately for everyone there are no photos of that.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

Wow! Congratulations on the best-documented Wally-Walk ever.

- Jim

Bunkins

Post by Bunkins »

:lol: Thats great :lol:

I hate Wally World, I bet I haven't been there in 4 yrs, even then I went at 3am :lol: I intend to go though for my first walk :cool: See if I can get out of there without blowing 200 bucks on junk..

Hos

Post by Hos »

Nice post Skinny.

Got my plastic yesterday. Sorry purists, I did the Costco version of the "Wally Walk." I had my 2 girls with me (8 and 6 years old) who don't know I carry and they would be QUICK to point out anything and everything if exposed. I reached up and got some baggies and no child said out loud, "Daddy, why are you wearing your gun" in front of other passer's by.

To make up for the lack of crime, angst, and chaos at horrid Wally's place, me and my 2 girls then went to a clothes thrift store. :shock: I bought 5 shirts since I need some more long t-shirts and nice church shirts that look good untucked. There was one guy was getting very agitated with the cashier so I moved my girls to the opposite side of the book shelf so there were lots of books/videos and the shelf between him and us and waited for him to finish venting then he left so I felt it safe to stop looking at all the Disney movies for $5.50 my girls were hounding me about.

Last stop, the toughest time though was then on to a family member's home who had my little cousins there. As we were leaving at the end of the visit, the little cousin went to hug my leg and he bumped his forehead on my concealed pistol's grip. He kind of rubbed his head in shock and pain then walked on. :banghead: <----pistol grip

I need to really learn more about how to handle that as well as people wanting to hug me to make sure they hug me high or just settle with shaking my hand.

Lovin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God, Goats, and Guns

WeyaH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WeyaH »

I must reply.

I received my first TX CHL in 2000. Around 2003, we decided to tour the country in an RV, so we sold the ranch, bought an RV and hit the road. In 2005, I didn't have a physical address (one that didn't include a PO Box number), so I allowed the CHL to expire. Last year, we sold the RV, bought another house, and I'm applying for a new CHL (they are mailing my package out today).

I need to know...when I got my first CHL, I did a wally walk (this was before the rules of the walk were ratified), and need to know if I must accomplish a new wally walk under the new system, or does my first one count?

Just for the record though, I'm a disabled vet, and when I go into wally world, I often use my scooter. This won't disqualify me will it?

Thanks in advance.

Weya

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

I would say that since the purpose of the Wally Walk is to acclimate oneself to carrying in public and interacting with people, your previous experience allows the requirement to be waived.

Also, people who have difficulty walking are allowed to use a mode of conveyance consistent with their disability.

I am not the official judge of the Wally Walk, of course.

I have a question for you: since the residency qualifications of a CHL and driver license are essentially the same, how did you keep your driver license while you were itinerant?

Don't a lot of RVers use a relative's address or a mail drop? I've never been able to figure out if that is strictly legal.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”