Question about carrying at Doctor's Office

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Question about carrying at Doctor's Office

Post by Grundy1133 »

What about medical buildings that aren't directly connected to a hospital but share a parking lot? They aren't for in-patients so technically they aren't classified as a hospital... I'm talking about Denton Presbyterian. They have 3 medical buildings not attached to the hospital.
NRA Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

Grundy1133 wrote:What about medical buildings that aren't directly connected to a hospital but share a parking lot? They aren't for in-patients so technically they aren't classified as a hospital... I'm talking about Denton Presbyterian. They have 3 medical buildings not attached to the hospital.
Hospitals are not off limits unless they post 30.06/30.07 like any other business.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Grundy1133 wrote:What about medical buildings that aren't directly connected to a hospital but share a parking lot? They aren't for in-patients so technically they aren't classified as a hospital... I'm talking about Denton Presbyterian. They have 3 medical buildings not attached to the hospital.
Again something that should have been taught and reviewed in the LCT class taken 2 months ago.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

The building of my dentist office is not posted. We talk guns, hunting and shooting after my cleaning. My doctors office is not posted as well. I carry a small bag to put my pistol in, when I go or take my backpack.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Why do so many hospitals choose to post the 30.06 signs? Genuinely curious.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Venus Pax wrote:Why do so many hospitals choose to post the 30.06 signs? Genuinely curious.
oxygen runs thru the walls. i read somewhere that its an explosion hazard if you hit one. but imo if a badguy is shooting in a hospital he isnt gonna be concerned about hitting explosive tanks....
NRA Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Dallas Childrens hospital has a huge sign at the ambulance entrance for the ER, they have combined wording for both 30.06 and 30.07 into one sign, thus making it an invalid sign for both!

Oxygen is not flammable it feeds a flame but doesn't itself burn, hitting a oxygen line with a errant bullet would damage the line but that's all it would do!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Venus Pax wrote:Why do so many hospitals choose to post the 30.06 signs? Genuinely curious.
I think it has to do with the mentality of most administrators in the medical system. They tend to see weapons as a bad thing and a means to harm people only. They see this as against the concept of "first, do no harm." I think many of the doctors and workers may not feel this way, but it is prevalent. Another possible part is the number of religious organizations (Seton, St, Davi's, Etc.) that run hospitals. I note how many of the churches take the same stance.

Their lobbies are both so strong that hospitals and churches were originally made off-limits as a matter of law. They are still legally required to post hospitals with a no gun sign, just not one that is enforceable anymore. The medical industry and a lot of churches started posting as soon as the law was changed.
Steve Rothstein

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Thank you. It doesn't make sense to most of us, but it's good to know what they're thinking.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

srothstein nailed it.

However, as terror/crime increases, I think a lot of those who regard self defense worth a fine will carry...

Oh, I just lost my child/children/me, that I could've protected ...because you insist we all must bow down to the insistence of your self sacrificial idiotic do-gooder mind-set? (remaining purposely ignorant of the evil in the world?)

Nah...

I'm not going down without a fight.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”