CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tehlump
Posts in topic: 3

I got a letter from the DPS today.

Post by tehlump »

Sorry, it wasn't my license... :cry:

Of course it was my picture sent back to me asking for the back to be signed. I guess the one good thing is that at least they are working on it. I got this letter 1 day under 3 weeks after I sent it in, maybe that means they're not as backed up as they seem to normally be.

In any case, I'm sending it back to them certified overnight today, they'll have it tomorrow morning.

BTW-I found this funny, the letter is dated Jun 22nd. The postmark is Jun 24th. So it takes the state 2 days after generating a letter to drop it in the mail?! Govt. inefficiency astounds me.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Govt inefficency

Post by longtooth »

And it won't get any better. :roll: :(
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I believe its going rather well for you...But thats just my opinion... :lol:

What would be interesting is to know what "steps" they actually go thought to process our "packages" in Austin...

Kinda like a Mr. Rogers nieghborhood episode where they take your through step by step on how a loaf of bread is made...

Instead, we see what the procedures are, (not specific investigative procedures), just the steps involved in producing your license...

That way if you get a letter of explanation over the phone about a "problem" they have with your information, you'll have a good idea where you stand on how long it takes to resolve the problem and get back on track on getting the license processed and in your mailbox...etc etc etc...

I think we can all agree that some licenses take longer than others...But understanding the process may help us assure that what gets to them is complete and accurate, so their job is easier, with fewer need to set aside your "stuff" to do another package that may be more complete...

But this is just me...I'm interested in knowing how these processes work...

But we know the government doesn't want you to see the whole iceburg of 2 hour lunches, and "computer internet" breaks, and other assorted hiccups in operations like these... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tex45acp

Post by tex45acp »

What.......and have our state government expose these ineficiencies to the general public???? I hardly think they would entertain such a suggestion.

We took our Cub Scout troop to the capitol during a session of the State Legislature. There were sessions that we were not allowed to be involved in. I asked if there was some sort of a behind the scenes tour that we could take......there was a resounding "NO" from the liasion.

Kinda felt like that proverbial mushroom!!!! Kept in the dark and fed...well you know the rest!!!
Texas.....Nuff Said!!!

rlp1970

Post by rlp1970 »

Hey tehlump my wife's got sent back for no signature on pic and. I sent it back certified return receipt and they got it on May 31, 2005. She got her CHL in the mail today after what happened. Hang in there

Chris

Post by Chris »

i forgot to sign my picture too. i got it and a nice letter saying my 60 days starts over as soon as they get the picture back. so they have until august 17th now. :cry:

one eyed fatman
Banned

Post by one eyed fatman »

Chris wrote:i forgot to sign my picture too. i got it and a nice letter saying my 60 days starts over as soon as they get the picture back. so they have until august 17th now. :cry:
Sounds like someone is making up fake rules.

Topic author
tehlump

Post by tehlump »

Chris wrote:i forgot to sign my picture too. i got it and a nice letter saying my 60 days starts over as soon as they get the picture back. so they have until august 17th now. :cry:
that's funny. I don't remember my letter saying that at all. I'm not super concerned about it. I would like them to hurry up, but getting myself worked up will only prolong my agony!

waffenmacht

Post by waffenmacht »

Mine was also delayed. Not because I forgot to sign my picture, but because the cop who was supposed to "sign" my paperwork was actually so lazy, that she had a rubber stamp made with her signature on it. She used this stamp to "sign" my paperwork. DPS kicked it back, I had to track her down, and explain what a "signature" was. Anyway, it ended up taking about 90 days to get my approval. So, maybe the wait period does start over when DPS recieves your paperwork in order?

Topic author
tehlump

Post by tehlump »

I received my PIN on Friday.

I'm guessing I'll have it in a month or so. Maybe less, I don't have anything in my background, only lived in 1 other house in the 5 years...so there shouldn't be much to research.

djwdjw

Post by djwdjw »

FWIW, mine was delayed because I failed to read the out-of-the-country birthplace instruction separate sheet, requiring a copy of my passport (i.e. military brat).

I was sent a letter about this on 5/27/05 with no language about resetting the 60 day window, and sent the missing info directly back.

My original app arrived in Austin on 5/10/05, Their website first showed as "issued" on 7/2 (mid-day Saturday on a long holiday weekend?!?), and the license arrived in my mailbox early on 7/5/05. All of this fit into in slightly less than 60 calendar days.

My sense is that the couple of emails I sent during the 60 day period just annoyed them, no reply ever included any info more than their website (i.e. "processing").

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”