How long is CHL class good for???

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
joshv53
Posts in topic: 2

How long is CHL class good for???

Post by joshv53 »

I took my and passed my CHL class in November 2011. However, due to several factors I never filed my paperwork with the state. Is my certificate from passing the class still valid or do I need to retake the entire thing? Thanks

mikeloc

Re: How long is CHL class good for???

Post by mikeloc »

joshv53 wrote:I took my and passed my CHL class in November 2011. However, due to several factors I never filed my paperwork with the state. Is my certificate from passing the class still valid or do I need to retake the entire thing? Thanks
Your certificate is good for two years from the time you took the class. You need to get your completed application to DPS before November 2013.

Mike Lochabay

Topic author
joshv53

Post by joshv53 »

Thank you

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn86 »

Did you complete the online application and pay the fee back in 2011? IIRC, the fee is only good for 12 months, although your CHl-100 is good for 24. You would have to pay fee again, unless you never started the online process.
NRA Life Member

mikeloc

Post by mikeloc »

longhorn86 wrote:Did you complete the online application and pay the fee back in 2011? IIRC, the fee is only good for 12 months, although your CHl-100 is good for 24. You would have to pay fee again, unless you never started the online process.
:iagree:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”