Is Dallas Trade Mart / Market Hall 30.06 Posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Is Dallas Trade Mart / Market Hall 30.06 Posted?

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'm heading over to the Trade Mart building today to visit with a customer.
Was hoping someone could verify whether the location is enforceably posted. (you know what I mean)

I know the property is privately owned.
I searched here and found lots of talk about the gun show at Market hall.
I know the gun show folks like to put up their signs, but this is not a gun show.
I checked Texas3006.com, found nothing.

Just wanted to ping the collective before I decided what I was wearing today. :mrgreen:
Other than at gun shows, are any of the buildings at market Hall (specifically Trade Mart) posted with a proper 30.06?

I was considering taking the TRE and didn't want to show up only to find out I couldn't get in and didn't have my car to lock up my heater.

Thanks.! :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is Dallas Trade Mart / Market Hall 30.06 Posted?

Post by jmra »

The only time I've been there is during gun shows. The 30.06 signs taped on the second set of glass doors is pretty rough and doesn't look like it is replaced after every show. My guess (just a guess) is that the sign stays up.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

I am friends with the security director at Dallas Market Hall. I just contacted him and they are not a posted location.

Events can be on a case by case basis
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

jbarn wrote:I am friends with the security director at Dallas Market Hall. I just contacted him and they are not a posted location.

Events can be on a case by case basis
THANKS! :tiphat:

I wound up leaving before your post, and decided to take the car just in case. But I very much appreciate that you went out of your way to check for me. My bad for not asking a day or so earlier... :oops: . Anyone looking here for the same answer will certainly benefit from your help.

As you said, the site is not posted as far as I saw. I was only in one building (Trade Mart), which has a very poorly lit garage.

Thanks again for confirming.!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mloamiller »

This thread is a few years old and I'm hoping for a more recent update.

I saw some other threads related to last year's gun show but they contained conflicting statements about whether there were valid 30.06 or 30.07 signs. I checked texasa30.06.com and Market Hall is listed for 30.07, but not 30.06.

I'm thinking about going to the RV show this weekend; has anyone visited Market Hall recently and know if there are valid 30.06 signs posted? Don't really care about 30.07 as I don't plan to OC.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

Went to Market Hall on Saturday - they had a separate line for paying admission with credit cards that entered through one of the dock doors. On the way in, we did not see any signs - 30.06 or 30.07. On the way out, I happened to turn around and there was a 30.07 on the door we entered through, but it was propped open when we came in so we didn't see. On the way out, we also saw a 30.07 sign on a wall about 50' from the entrance, about 10' away from the walkway; we didn't see it coming in as you sort of had your back to it when on the walkway. We did not see any 30.06 signs.

One note about the 30.07 signs - both of them had black tape over the "30.07" in the first sentence - "“Pursuant to Section 30.07...". Not sure what that was about.
LTC/SSC Instructor

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Did I read that right? A gun show ... with 30.06 signs? Or signs of.30-06 guns at the show?

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

The mention of 30.06 signs at a gun show were much earlier in the thread than my recent experience - over a year ago I think. While 30.06 signs are a common sight at gun shows, I wasn't at a gun show this past weekend, and didn't see any 30.06 signs.
LTC/SSC Instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”