Is Memorial City Mall gun free zone?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
imvirus
Posts in topic: 3

Is Memorial City Mall gun free zone?

Post by imvirus »

I did a quick search on the forum but did not see a specific answer to my question. Does Memrial City Mall have a 30.06 sign? I never noticed any 30.06 sign on the glass doors. :???:

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is Memorial City Mall gun free zone?

Post by Jumping Frog »

If you have been there and never saw a sign, why are you worrying about it?

I wouldn't give it a moments worry.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
imvirus

Post by imvirus »

The reason I asked is because I download the Gunfree app from the appstore and it was indicated there that Memorial City Mall was a gunfree zone. I'm just not sure how reliable this app is. But thank you for your response. :thumbs2:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

that must be for that fruity phone since I can't find it at the google store :biggrinjester: ( I was going to look at the reviews, I would never want something like that ) I agree with JF if you've been there and you've never seen a sign, don't worry about it.

BTW: my speculation is that someone went through and marked all malls and schools as gfz's .... check churches, I bet they're marked too.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

FL450

Post by FL450 »

I have never seen a 3006 sign there and carried there many times.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

Topic author
imvirus

Post by imvirus »

All you comments are well appreciated. :txflag: :thumbs2:

dacoleman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dacoleman »

Seems they don't want you to:

http://www.memorialcity.com/about-us/ru ... -courtesy/
Example of such activities include, but are not limited to:

• Carrying or possessing any weapons of any kind, including weapons carried pursuant to a valid license.

I'll be going there today, so I goggled for info since I wasn't sure. I also got the link to this forum question when I googled it. Seems like a forum I need to join.

I'll look for a 30.06 sign when I go there today in case they have posted a 30.06 recently. I think just posting the info above on their webpage doesn't mean you can get in trouble with the law. I'm thinking that at the most if you're "printing" (gun outline visible under clothes) the most mall management or mall security they can do is ask you to leave. Any lawyers reading this please correct me if I'm wrong.

David
David A. Coleman
Retired USAF MSgt
NRA Life Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

dacoleman wrote:Seems they don't want you to:

• Carrying or possessing any weapons of any kind, including weapons carried pursuant to a valid license.

I'll be going there today, so I goggled for info since I wasn't sure. I also got the link to this forum question when I googled it. Seems like a forum I need to join.

I'll look for a 30.06 sign when I go there today in case they have posted a 30.06 recently. I think just posting the info above on their webpage doesn't mean you can get in trouble with the law. I'm thinking that at the most if you're "printing" (gun outline visible under clothes) the most mall management or mall security they can do is ask you to leave. Any lawyers reading this please correct me if I'm wrong.

David
That rule doesn't apply to LEO's or LTC holders. You are correct. No sign, no problem carrying there. I was in the mall just before Christmas and there was no signage that I could see.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
dacoleman wrote:Seems they don't want you to:

David
That rule doesn't apply to LEO's or LTC holders. You are correct. No sign, no problem carrying there. I was in the mall just before Christmas and there was no signage that I could see.
Not to mention that the rule you quote cannot be complied with unless you violate the law. "No weapons of any kind?" Last I checked every piece of clothing I am wearing could be used as a weapon, so the only way to comply would be to go naked. I believe that is illegal in Houston at the present moment, not to mention unhealthy given the extreme Global Cooling that we are currently experiencing.

dacoleman

Post by dacoleman »

No 30.06 as of today. But they do have a 30.07 sign posted on the West entrance between California Pizza place and the American Girl Bistro.
David A. Coleman
Retired USAF MSgt
NRA Life Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Chuck Norris has to register his hands as deadly weapons. So he can’t go in the mall. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

allisji

Post by allisji »

Baybrook Mall had a similar no guns policy, but no 30.06/30.07 signs.

Conceal and carry on, or carry openly at risk of being asked to leave.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

G40yes

Post by G40yes »

:iagree: with no signs, carry on.
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Many Self Defense classes teach to use keys as a weapon, they're often carried pursuant to a valid driver's license, and car license ... please leave them outside.

WhoWouldGuess

Post by WhoWouldGuess »

Went there yesterday. There is also a 30.07 sign at the movie theater, but no 30.06. Carry on!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”