CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Blue5
Posts in topic: 5

local Mall

Post by Blue5 »

Good afternoon,

I wanted to bring something up that I noticed as i walked into the Killeen mall the other day. I guess they don't want weapons of any kind in this establishment. No 30.06 sign, just a list of rules stating no weapons. Being new to CHL I Was still very anxious as I walked through. how does everyonr else deal with non legal no weapons signs for CHL holders?

Thanks in advance
Blue5
Death before dismount/ US Army 1999-2006
NRA Life Member
American Legion Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: local Mall

Post by mojo84 »

Noncompliant signs do not apply to me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Hi Blue5. Yes, when I see those signs, I stop & think before I enter. Go through my internal memory banks going through my class instruction & what I read on this forum. If, in that split second, no red flags go up, I go ahead on and proceed in and never give it a second thought.

In my own mind, I interpret those signs as reading, "we'd really would prefer you NOT bring your gun into this mall and we are NOT posting a valid 30.06 sign, we are merely stating the owners preferences. Come on in & have a good time, and spend money here."

And I really think that. And in 6 years carrying, I've never had any problems. In fact, now that I think about it, I've never been stopped or asked one single question. The old cliche holds pretty true: "concealed means concealed."

Just my thoughts & I hope that helps. :tiphat:

God Bless Texas. :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Cjwglock19
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cjwglock19 »

I go very rarely but you won't catch me in the Killeen mall without my gun.
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

txcharvel

Post by txcharvel »

Also remember that some places post these types of signs (or other non-compliant signs) just to make certain people feel all warm and fuzzy...when the reality is that they either don't care or they actually welcome CHL holders. I know of at least one regional chain that does this. Not commom but it happens.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote:Noncompliant signs do not apply to me.

:iagree:

Welcome to the forum. :cheers2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I don't worry about them at all.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

OTOH, If there is an attempt at a 30.06 sign in two languages, I'm not wasting my time measuring the height of the letters or the punctuation, etc. It is a sign stating that my money is not welcome in that establishment, it's vamanos time.

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Blue5 wrote:Good afternoon,

I wanted to bring something up that I noticed as i walked into the Killeen mall the other day. I guess they don't want weapons of any kind in this establishment. No 30.06 sign, just a list of rules stating no weapons. Being new to CHL I Was still very anxious as I walked through. how does everyonr else deal with non legal no weapons signs for CHL holders?

Thanks in advance
Blue5
I have been to the Killeen mall a few times and have yet to see signs ANYWHERE. Are they only at a certain entrance? I generally entered through Dillards or Sears and the only sign I see is "FREE WI-FI HERE!" :smash:

Topic author
Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

casp625 wrote:
Blue5 wrote:Good afternoon,

Thanks in advance
Blue5
I have been to the Killeen mall a few times and have yet to see signs ANYWHERE. Are they only at a certain entrance? I generally entered through Dillards or Sears and the only sign I see is "FREE WI-FI HERE!" :smash:
If you walk into a normal mall entrance, you will see a "LIST OF MALL RULES" (or something like that?) it was number 4 on the list i think. I know this is not a legal sign. However since I have been carrying I have noticed more as I walk into establishments. I too normally go into Dillard's but being the first time in the mall while carrying I wanted to insure I did not miss something.

I assumed it was to give people warm and fuzzies as they conduct their mall buisness.

I find reasons not to go normally, and as I walked through, I have never felt more at ease walking in this LOVELY establishment.

I figure it will get easier with time and the anxiety of NO WEAPONS signage will go away. The whole time as I walk past Mall Cops and Killeen PD and your local gang members I figured these guys were none the wiser about little friend tagging along. I did question my wife 2 times if i was still concealed due to carrYing at my 6.

Thanks everyone and I promise not to bore this board with rookie questions long.

Blue5
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

Topic author
Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

Thanks y'all.
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

Topic author
Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Noncompliant signs do not apply to me.

:iagree:

Welcome to the forum. :cheers2:

Thanks. lots of good insight here and hopefully one day I will be the one giving advice. :cheers2:
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Amazon > Mall
Problem solved.

Seriously, I haven't been to a mall in well over 5 years.

Topic author
Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

In-laws are in town from GermanY. Amazed by malls and Walmart. Don't ask, too long to explain. Have done the Wally Walk 4 or 5 times for hours. On a side note, I am more than capable to carry a concealed firearm. You spend 6 hours in that place and don't feel like assassinating yourself, or harming others; That's what you call self control. :woohoo
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

berettadave

Post by berettadave »

Cjwglock19 wrote:I go very rarely but you won't catch me in the Killeen mall without my gun.
X2! Only time I go there is if my girlfriend insists on going. I would rather be there for her than to have her go alone.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”