How to report improper §30.06 signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

JALLEN
Senior Member
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 pm
Location: Comal County

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Postby JALLEN » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:44 am

I had a telephone call this morning from the AG's office acknowledging receipt of my fax and requesting further details. Very gratifying. After 45 years in San Diego, I am unaccustomed to this level of attentive prompt service from the government, very refreshing. They take these seriously and wish to act with all due promptitude.

I learned that there is a section on the AG's website, previously unnoticed by me, dealing with 30.06 complaints, near the bottom of the site. There are letters dealing with prior complaints and a form, which can be submitted online. I wish I had known, after hauling out my ancient fax machine, finding cable to hook it to phone lines etc. I printed the fax log to verify confirmed receipt. The last fax from this machine was 2011!

There is a good deal of detail needed. I was asked to provide evidence that the fax number I had used to send the complaint to the county was actually the county's number. I needed to provide info on what activities were in the building(s) I complained of.

The man who called was friendly, professional, businesslike and helpful. Astonishing!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

User avatar

JALLEN
Senior Member
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 pm
Location: Comal County

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Postby JALLEN » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Today I received copies of letters the AG has sent to the County Judge here reporting my complaint and inviting any response the county cares to submit within the next ten days.

If I read the complaint numbering system correctly, there have been a couple of complaints filed about these two county facilities, and 100 in total statewide.

Standby.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

User avatar

Take Down Sicko
Senior Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 pm
Location: Houston Tx
Contact:

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Postby Take Down Sicko » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:03 pm

:oops: :mad5 This may be the wrong place to post but they put up new 30.06 and 30.07 signs where there were none before at Half Price books on Westhiemer Rd.I went there last weekend, there were no signs(never had been) and today there they were.


sixer-sxt-3.7
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Postby sixer-sxt-3.7 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Take Down Sicko wrote::oops: :mad5 This may be the wrong place to post but they put up new 30.06 and 30.07 signs where there were none before at Half Price books on Westhiemer Rd.I went there last weekend, there were no signs(never had been) and today there they were.


I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. The Sugar Land location has been posted since open carry went into effect 2016, but they did not have a 30.06 posted before then.

User avatar

Take Down Sicko
Senior Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 pm
Location: Houston Tx
Contact:

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Postby Take Down Sicko » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:41 pm

sixer-sxt-3.7 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote::oops: :mad5 This may be the wrong place to post but they put up new 30.06 and 30.07 signs where there were none before at Half Price books on Westhiemer Rd.I went there last weekend, there were no signs(never had been) and today there they were.


I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. The Sugar Land location has been posted since open carry went into effect 2016, but they did not have a 30.06 posted before then.




I go to Half Price Books often. Sometimes Sugarland and sometimes on Westhiemer. I also frequent Barns and Noble Books since wife and grandson are big readers. Barns and Noble is not posted so i go there more often than the other stores for books.

User avatar

bigtek
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Postby bigtek » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:07 pm

I suggest you don't report improper §30.06 signs on nongovernmental property.
Give peace a chance.

I'll cover you in case it doesn't work out.


sixer-sxt-3.7
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Postby sixer-sxt-3.7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:51 am

Take Down Sicko wrote:
sixer-sxt-3.7 wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote::oops: :mad5 This may be the wrong place to post but they put up new 30.06 and 30.07 signs where there were none before at Half Price books on Westhiemer Rd.I went there last weekend, there were no signs(never had been) and today there they were.


I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. The Sugar Land location has been posted since open carry went into effect 2016, but they did not have a 30.06 posted before then.




I go to Half Price Books often. Sometimes Sugarland and sometimes on Westhiemer. I also frequent Barns and Noble Books since wife and grandson are big readers. Barns and Noble is not posted so i go there more often than the other stores for books.


:thumbsup:


Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests