Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 26

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

timtheteacher wrote:ZOO CONTRACT

The third "Whereas" is what you are talking about?

http://fortworthtexas.gov/uploadedFiles ... ntract.pdf
No, Art. II, Subpart 2.01 on page 5.

Chas.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

I know what I might be doing September 2. I'll have many places to visit in my fair city. Every school parking lot, administration buildings and parking lots, and every stadium and ball park parking lot at a minimum.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

rmr24 wrote:Will the law apply to "Gunbuster" signs also?
Not a true ghostbuster sign. However, an reference to concealed handgun licenses in addition to the ghostbuster would be unlawful.

Chas.
Gov't Code §411.209 wrote:(a) A state agency or a political subdivision of the state may not provide notice by a communication described by Section 30.06, Penal Code, or by any sign expressly referring to that law or to a concealed handgun license, that a license holder carrying a handgun under the authority of this subchapter is prohibited from entering or remaining on a premises or other place owned or leased by the governmental entity unless license holders are prohibited from carrying a handgun on the premises or other place by Section 46.03 or 46.035, Penal Code.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

timtheteacher wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
timtheteacher wrote:ZOO CONTRACT

The third "Whereas" is what you are talking about?

http://fortworthtexas.gov/uploadedFiles ... ntract.pdf
No, Art. II, Subpart 2.01 on page 5.

Chas.

Thanks... Unbelievable he could lie to what can be found in a legal document. I have always wondered about that sign.
That's Lon Bunam. He was an embarrassment and after losing the primary election, he threatened to file suit, but he never did. I'm curious to see if he runs again in 2016.

If you're interested, check the video archives for the 2013 session for the public hearing on HB508.

Chas.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

I plan to start attending gun shows in Fort Worth again, just to take pictures and go home. I'll actually pay to attend if/when they stop posting. I find it completely hypocritical for gun shows to post 30.06 signs, but that's just me.

I'm going make it obvious that I'm taking pictures of the signs, and hope someone asks me why.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I forgot to mention that I would like someone to photograph the 30.06 sign at the Fort Worth Zoo at some point after Sept. 1st. I'll need them to fill out the affidavit, but I'll send the notice letter to the city of Fort Worth and I'll file the AG complaint when Fort Worth calls former Rep. Lon Burnam and he tells them not to take the sign down. Burnam lost his primary bid, but last session he flat out lied about the Zoo owning the property and he treated Rep. Guillen like a dog in the process. I had the contract in my hand and knew he was lying.

Yeah, this is just a little payback and man is it going to be fun!!

Chas.
Will this at some point challenge other gun free zone issues? For example, the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History claims to be an educational facility. I believe the Dallas Zoo does as well, or at least they did. Assuming they leave up 30.06 signs after Sept 1, will submitting a letter to the AG force them to prove that their building is in fact an educational facility, or will it be another underhanded way they can keep law abiding citizens unarmed?

jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jamminbutter »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I forgot to mention that I would like someone to photograph the 30.06 sign at the Fort Worth Zoo at some point after Sept. 1st. I'll need them to fill out the affidavit, but I'll send the notice letter to the city of Fort Worth and I'll file the AG complaint when Fort Worth calls former Rep. Lon Burnam and he tells them not to take the sign down. Burnam lost his primary bid, but last session he flat out lied about the Zoo owning the property and he treated Rep. Guillen like a dog in the process. I had the contract in my hand and knew he was lying.

Chas.
I will gladly plan to take my kiddos on 9/1 and provide a photo.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I don't envy the clean-up work that Russell is going to have on 30.06.com later this year. I look forward to helping out with this project in the fall.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Winchster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Winchster »

Chas.
If TVguy can't, I live in the area and will happily provide the pictures.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Mel wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:I believe Love Field still has 30.05 signs posted.
Will check in Sept.
And this place maybe?.... http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8&p=965743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love Field has had 30.06 signs since the opening of the new terminal.

Yes they do. And they also had / have them at the badge office. About 18 months ago, I put up a stink to one of the managers there and don't know if they took it down. But, I'll be there on 9/1 to take pictures if it is still there.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

Another scenario we could likely see from the guilty cities is to remove signage, but still verbally give notice. While it may not happen to concealed carriers unless going through a metal detector, I would think it will happen often to everyone that chooses to open carry. I'm not really sure if there is a way to defend against it. Charles, would this be something that might be addressed in 2017?

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Rrash wrote:Another scenario we could likely see from the guilty cities is to remove signage, but still verbally give notice. While it may not happen to concealed carriers unless going through a metal detector, I would think it will happen often to everyone that chooses to open carry. I'm not really sure if there is a way to defend against it. Charles, would this be something that might be addressed in 2017?
Verbal notice wouldn't be enforceable either. The whole point of SB273 was to prohibit gov'ts from attempting to prohibit lawful carry in gov't owned/leased buildings that don't contain jails or courts.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

TexasCajun wrote:
Rrash wrote:Another scenario we could likely see from the guilty cities is to remove signage, but still verbally give notice. While it may not happen to concealed carriers unless going through a metal detector, I would think it will happen often to everyone that chooses to open carry. I'm not really sure if there is a way to defend against it. Charles, would this be something that might be addressed in 2017?
Verbal notice wouldn't be enforceable either. The whole point of SB273 was to prohibit gov'ts from attempting to prohibit lawful carry in gov't owned/leased buildings that don't contain jails or courts.
Do they verbally warn every person that enters?

Carry a voice recorder.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

For those of us in the Fort Worth area, we need a Ft. Worth Zoo meet or (even more than one) after September 1st so we can have a lot of people seen taking pictures of the signs if they are still there. :biggrinjester:

When I went late fall, there was a small sign at the gate when driving and another large sign outside the entrance where you walk in.
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”