A Small WIN!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Small WIN!

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

:thewave :txflag: :patriot: :woohoo :rolll :drool: :thumbs2: :hurry: :cheers2: :tiphat: :clapping: :thewave
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Pawpaw

Re: Knowledge and Calm Reasoning

Post by Pawpaw »

Lynyrd wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Dude, you won the forum today. Image
Thank you sir! And by the way, my beard is almost as gray as the one in your picture.
That really is a picture of TAM! ;-)

It really is!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Bravo. A victory is a victory!
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Thanks for being rational and patient. You've obviously earned your employer's trust, and that is a good thing. May your tribe increase.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Lynyrd »

baldeagle wrote:Thanks for being rational and patient. You've obviously earned your employer's trust, and that is a good thing. May your tribe increase.
I know there are two of us now. Maybe more in the future. But, we are a small outfit so that's probably in line with statewide stats.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

zero4o3 wrote:
:iagree:

And thanks for sharing Lynyrd
You are most welcome! It may be small, but it is very important to me.

TXlaw1

Post by TXlaw1 »

Lynyrd wrote: ... We have fire extinguishers all over the plant, but we're not looking for a fire. ...

The signs are still up, but there is now a new section in the employee handbook about how employees can apply for written authorization from the company to CC. There are several restrictions, and OC is still not allowed.
Congratulatons on your great success. I love your analogy to the fire extinguishers! I'm going to use that for it makes a great point that people can easily understand.

I have sent you a private message. Please look for it with my request for helping me in a similar situation. Thank you, Lynyrd.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

FCH

Post by FCH »

Great job and thank you for sharing Lynyrd
:tiphat:
NRA Member
TSRA Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

Well done! :txflag:
USAF 1982-2005

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

:iagree:
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"And thanks for sharing" - I hate that term.

Why?

I'm not sure, maybe because it sounds like something some neurotic would say in (ugh) group therapy...

Or is it AA speak or just ordinary psychobabble?

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

Good for you. I experienced the opposite. For years my company explicitly allowed CHLs to carry, then just before the holidays, changed policy to prohibit both CC and OC and posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

BulldogBorders

Post by BulldogBorders »

Way to go!

We have had a small victory at my company as well. Employees are still prohibited to carry while at work, we must leave them locked up in our cars in the designated parking area. But very happy to say we now have no 30.06/30.07 signs posted!
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

VMI77 wrote:Good for you. I experienced the opposite. For years my company explicitly allowed CHLs to carry, then just before the holidays, changed policy to prohibit both CC and OC and posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's hard to get people to admit that the signs do not make them safer. Quite the opposite is actually true. In my case, I had the opportunity to spend time with the decision maker. I asked him why the signs were a good idea and then one by one calmly showed him the lack of logic in his reasoning. It took some time for me, this happened over the course of several months. And I would never have been successful if I hadn't got him to open up to me and explain his reasoning. Also, I didn't ridicule him for his flawed logic, I just exposed other ideas and asked him to think about it.

Our new policy is very much like some of the school districts. The public cannot bring guns in. Some of the staff are armed, but no one knows who. Those who do carry cannot talk about it or they may lose the privilege. We have been living under that for a week now, and I haven't heard a single conversation about it.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

Lynyrd wrote:
VMI77 wrote:Good for you. I experienced the opposite. For years my company explicitly allowed CHLs to carry, then just before the holidays, changed policy to prohibit both CC and OC and posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's hard to get people to admit that the signs do not make them safer. Quite the opposite is actually true. In my case, I had the opportunity to spend time with the decision maker. I asked him why the signs were a good idea and then one by one calmly showed him the lack of logic in his reasoning. It took some time for me, this happened over the course of several months. And I would never have been successful if I hadn't got him to open up to me and explain his reasoning. Also, I didn't ridicule him for his flawed logic, I just exposed other ideas and asked him to think about it.

Our new policy is very much like some of the school districts. The public cannot bring guns in. Some of the staff are armed, but no one knows who. Those who do carry cannot talk about it or they may lose the privilege. We have been living under that for a week now, and I haven't heard a single conversation about it.
In my case it isn't a single decision maker...at least in theory....though that just makes the reversal harder to understand....since the same group that approved it for years by majority vote turned around and killed it. In the past the company even hosted a CHL class for employees on its property. I'd bet that we have a way higher percentage of employees with CHLs than most companies. In my particular department it's probably more than 50% and many of them were pretty vocal at the meeting where the change was announced.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”