Dallas Diocese posting all churches .3006 and .3007 !!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas Diocese posting all churches .3006 and .3007 !!

Post by gljjt »

Who actually owns the property? I am Southern Baptist and the local church is owned by the local congregation with the board of deacons as the controlling body. Doctrinal we subscribe to the Southern Baptist Convention, but their guidance is guidance only. We can do as we please including leaving the convention. If they said to post signs, we could ignore that as they have no authority over the local church. All they could do is toss us out of the organization.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Richbirdhunter »

We're not posted either
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

We skipped church this morning. :nono:

I did go to the Donut Shop for a couple of takeout Spicy Kolaches, saw no signs and no one in OC dress. ;-)

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasCajun »

As of this morning, my church (Houston-Galveston Archdiocese) isn't posted. But the large windows immediately adjacent to the entry doors were conspicuously bare. I hope it's just a function of the transition from Christmas into ordinary time. But I have my doubts.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blindref757 »

My pastor walked in this morning with a new 30.07 decal for the front door...clear on clear glass. I just smiled!

Topic author
spx74
Posts in topic: 16

Post by spx74 »

We were told that the signs were on order and that notice would be printed in the Sunday bulletin around the time they are put up. I'm praying that the Chancery gets A Lot of feed back before this happens. That is, negative feed back.

Topic author
spx74

Post by spx74 »

Since the Pastor has control of his parish, I wonder if he can allow you to CC if he wants? Just wondering.

Tracker
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Tracker »

spx74 wrote:Since the Pastor has control of his parish, I wonder if he can allow you to CC if he wants? Just wondering.
Nope. If he wants to remodel a building he must get approval from the diocese. The diocese owns the property and there is no lease by the parish.

Topic author
spx74

Post by spx74 »

Thanks Tracker

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Wal-Mart is owned by the shareholders of the corporation, must they give you permission via a resolution to carry past a 30.06, or will the local store manager do?

Does the Holy Father have to issue a Holy Writ for you to have permission to carry, or must the College of Cardinals hold a vote? What about in the Embassy of the Holy See? :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

ScottDLS wrote:Wal-Mart is owned by the shareholders of the corporation, must they give you permission via a resolution to carry past a 30.06, or will the local store manager do?

Does the Holy Father have to issue a Holy Writ for you to have permission to carry, or must the College of Cardinals hold a vote? What about in the Embassy of the Holy See? :shock:
The priest is best thought of as an employee of the diocese with the bishop equivalent to the CEO. So while one diocese may band CC another may allow it.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Tracker wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Wal-Mart is owned by the shareholders of the corporation, must they give you permission via a resolution to carry past a 30.06, or will the local store manager do?

The priest is best thought of as an employee of the diocese with the bishop equivalent to the CEO. So while one diocese may band CC another may allow it.
In seriousness, my thought was that if the Parish Priest told you it was OK that would be "effective consent". Or at least you would have a strong case that it was in a trial, as you can't be expected to know all the details of Canon Law.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

ScottDLS wrote:
Tracker wrote:

In seriousness, my thought was that if the Parish Priest told you it was OK that would be "effective consent". Or at least you would have a strong case that it was in a trial, as you can't be expected to know all the details of Canon Law.
If the dioceses has no policy then the parish could give consent. Usually, that would be by parish council (which includes the priest) and which is an advisory board but the priest would have final say. Ask most Catholic adults and they'll tell you the Church is not a democracy.

In all practicality, if you were found to be carrying concealed nobody is going to have you arrested unless you grossly repeat carrying after having been notified not to. For the churches posting in the bulletin and making an annual announcement would be enough notification for its parishioners.

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

Notice the Fort Worth diocesan policy refers to diocesan property...which means all churches, schools, parish halls, etc.
http://www.fwdioc.org/diocesan-weapons- ... 1-7-16.pdf

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MeMelYup »

Do you think there will be a lot of "Forgive me father for I have sinned?"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”