HEB 30.07 signs incorrect.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Seabear
Posts in topic: 3

HEB 30.07 signs incorrect.

Post by Seabear »

I don't really care one way or the other since I don't plan or need to carry openly especially at HEB, however they have spent a bunch of money having signs installed and they forgot to post it in Spanish also. Every store I have seen is that way and they will have to remove the sign/ vinyl letters they have and find another location that will hold English and Spanish. Who wants to tell them? Are they profiling assuming that only English readers will open carry? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

artx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HEB 30.07 signs incorrect.

Post by artx »

Every HEB I've been to has the English version to the right of the entry door and the Spanish to the left. Most people don't take 2 pictures and merge them when uploading to texas3006.com.

TxAggieEngineer

Post by TxAggieEngineer »

I was at the HEB Plus in Leander a couple of days ago and I didn't see a 30.07 sign at either set of doors. After checking out I even went back to the entrance doors to look again and didn't see anything. All I saw were the normal warnings about unlicensed possession, etc. Those signs are either the most difficult-to-see 30.xx signs ever or they're not posted.

Jketchum

Post by Jketchum »

TxAggieEngineer wrote:I was at the HEB Plus in Leander a couple of days ago and I didn't see a 30.07 sign at either set of doors. After checking out I even went back to the entrance doors to look again and didn't see anything. All I saw were the normal warnings about unlicensed possession, etc. Those signs are either the most difficult-to-see 30.xx signs ever or they're not posted.

That's the store close to me, I went there last weekend and definitely saw signs on both doors, ( both entrances ) English on 1 side and Spanish on the other, at the bottom of each door.
Did they take em down?
Im going tonight and will look.
Last edited by Jketchum on Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Seabear

Post by Seabear »

I'll have to look again. I normally spot signs pretty easy. Heck I even spotted an old Spanish only sign high above and left of the door at The Executive Surf Club here in Corpus. Navy Army in Flour Bluff is 30.07 also. Not sure if they have the Spanish version since I just saw a pic.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I know what the law specifically states. However, I wouldn't take the risk just because the sign didn't include the verbiage in a language I cannot speak or read.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Que?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Abraham wrote:Que?
Fixed it. My phone didn't like the word verbiage and changed it to garbage. :oops:

Maybe a Freudian slip on my phone's behalf? :mrgreen:

Thanks for pointing it out.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

artx wrote:Every HEB I've been to has the English version to the right of the entry door and the Spanish to the left. Most people don't take 2 pictures and merge them when uploading to texas3006.com.
Same here. But, to be honest, I've never read them word for word, so maybe some other error?
I saw the "30.07", and that's all I needed to see.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I have not been able to find the 30.07 signs at my HEB yet, and I've really looked. But I'm not going to say anything. I'm not going to OC there either.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
Seabear

Post by Seabear »

mojo84 wrote:I know what the law specifically states. However, I wouldn't take the risk just because the sign didn't include the verbiage in a language I cannot speak or read.
Trust me, Like I said, I have no desire to open carry, much less at HEB. I also never read every word of any 30.06 or 30.07 signs. I don't measure them either. I was just curious as to why they would do it and not do it correctly. They're a big company. :rules:

fasteddie

Post by fasteddie »

The wording at my HEB is exactly as it should be. At least as far as the English goes, beats me if the Spanish is right or not.

stingeragent
Banned

Post by stingeragent »

The HEB in lockhart is posted. English on the right door, spanish on the left, although it's just etched onto the glass, so there isn't a contrasting background. Guess that technically makes it invalid but i'm not OC past it.

Txtension

Post by Txtension »

In my opinion, we shouldn't notify or correct anyone who posts any signs that don't meet the letter of the law. however, I don't think we should consciously violate them either.

But we are all human right? An LTC who accidentally walks past such a sign has a legitimate defense. So, while 99.999% of HEBs might simply ask the "offender" to cover up, that one Mad-Mother-inspired manager may call the police just to make an example of that person.

Or could it be these signs are posted in their current forms intentionally, to avoid grinding [statistically extraordinarily law-abiding] citizens/customers into powder by the executive and judicial branches?

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

I was at HEB in Friendswood today. It has both English and Spanish 30.07 signs. English is to the right. Spanish is to the left.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”