Do you carry at home?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Setxjeff
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do you carry at home?

Post by Setxjeff »

We carry at home,45 miles from the sheriff's station.
Got a magnetic holder for Christmas that works great for chair relaxing time.
We also have a dog problem, neighbors and wild. Chasing horses and chickens, neighbors dogs gets rubber buckshot,saves hurt feelings and crying kids. Never had a dog return after the rubber buckshot. Wild or unknown dogs gets lead and the backhoe.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Ron7624 wrote:Yes, I do carry at home. I always carry unless the law (30.06) disarms me. At home, I may put it on my hip but in public, I am a CC person.
I am the opposite. I OC away from home, where allowed. Well usually semi - OC, more like not worrying too much about concealment.

At home, my wife has given me very effective notice that she doesn't want the kids to see me carrying, so I am careful to ensure I fully CC at home.

Larz_1

Post by Larz_1 »

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

If I dont have it on me it is within reach
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

allisji

Post by allisji »

I also have a Glock 21 with light and laser in my bedside lockbox.
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I have kids at home, so I CC at home. At night, it goes in the bedside safe right next to my night gun (G21 with a light and laser).
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Ron7624
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ron7624 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Ron7624 wrote:Yes, I do carry at home. I always carry unless the law (30.06) disarms me. At home, I may put it on my hip but in public, I am a CC person.
I am the opposite. I OC away from home, where allowed. Well usually semi - OC, more like not worrying too much about concealment.

At home, my wife has given me very effective notice that she doesn't want the kids to see me carrying, so I am careful to ensure I fully CC at home.
My 4 are grown and out of the house. My 10 grandchildren do pop by every now and again with their parents, and I do not OC with them here. All guns locked up, with the exception of my front pocket EDC. Situations are different for different folks. My wife does not even notice, or at least says nothing when I have a pistol strapped to my belt. My oc is not very often actually, but my cc is always.
But yeah, my wife would read me the riot act if I had a 45 strapped to my leg when my grandkids were there.
But while at it, I often take my older gradkids to the range, with their parents, especially the mothers in my brood. Everyone likes free and I supply the bullets and we always have a good safe time.

Ron7624
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ron7624 »

Skiprr wrote:Image
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aaangel »

The Annoyed Man wrote:It depends..... If I'm heading out in the near future, or if I've been out and will be leaving again soon, then I'm carrying. If I'm home for the rest of the day, then I'm not carrying, but I have at least a pistol close at hand, and/or a shotgun, depending on where I am in the house.
aaangel wrote:100% of home invasion happens at home. So yes i carry at home. :coolgleamA:
How about when you are asleep in bed? :cool:

TAM, perhaps i should edit my post.... so yes i carry at home (most of the time) :thumbs2:
'got to Texas ASAIC.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

aaangel wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It depends..... If I'm heading out in the near future, or if I've been out and will be leaving again soon, then I'm carrying. If I'm home for the rest of the day, then I'm not carrying, but I have at least a pistol close at hand, and/or a shotgun, depending on where I am in the house.
aaangel wrote:100% of home invasion happens at home. So yes i carry at home. :coolgleamA:
How about when you are asleep in bed? :cool:
TAM, perhaps i should edit my post.... so yes i carry at home (most of the time) :thumbs2:
But again, and not trying to be argumentative.....just seeking to understand.....why do you carry when you're awake and least vulnerable, but not when you're asleep and most vulnerable? That is the inconsistency I don't get. If I would be comfortable sleeping with a gun within reach but not on my person, why wouldn't I feel the same way when I'm awake?

My caveat, of course is that I live in a very quiet, low-crime suburban neighborhood. Perhaps if I lived out in the country, I might feel different about it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

spx74

Post by spx74 »

It's good to keep the 'feel', and besides what if the mailbox laughs :shock: :fire

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

I carry at home. I use a pocket or shoulder holster so I can carry in pajamas. Now that I've gotten a tanker holster I can carry a .45 comfortably around the house.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lynyrd »

The Annoyed Man wrote: My caveat, of course is that I live in a very quiet, low-crime suburban neighborhood. Perhaps if I lived out in the country, I might feel different about it.
I live out in the country. My house is 1/4 mile back in the trees off of a black top road, and I'm 30 miles from the nearest LEO response (unless a deputy is nearby on patrol). Me and my neighbors are pretty self reliant. We have to be. Generator for the house/water well, clear the roads when need be, etc., etc. If somebody comes to my place without me knowing they are coming, it's probably someone I don't want there.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Guns52

Post by Guns52 »

Carry or near by. In bedrail holster at night.
I'm happily married...my wife told me so.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”