What should a certified disposition look like?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Sidekick
Posts in topic: 3

What should a certified disposition look like?

Post by Sidekick »

I just did the online application. I listed all info on a arrest in 2002 for riding motorcycle with no plates. I asked for a copy of the disposition. The clerk mailed me a printout from her computer screen. It looks like crap. Should I send that to Dps? Thank you.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What should a certified disposition look like?

Post by WildBill »

Sidekick wrote:I just did the online application. I listed all info on a arrest in 2002 for riding motorcycle with no plates. I asked for a copy of the disposition. The clerk mailed me a printout from her computer screen. It looks like crap. Should I send that to Dps? Thank you.
Does it have a signature and seal?
NRA Endowment Member

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

Normally it would have some sort of official seal signifying it is official.

Topic author
Sidekick

Post by Sidekick »

That's what I thought. The thing is I never went to a court for this.
The jp came to the jail and let me go. He said I should not have been arrested, should have been ticketed. 15 hrs in jail was good enough. I'm just hoping this won't hang me up. Thanks

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

So you were arrested but not convicted? I don't know that an arrest without a conviction should hinder your application.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

PSTL*PAKR

Post by PSTL*PAKR »

Sidekick wrote:That's what I thought. The thing is I never went to a court for this.
The jp came to the jail and let me go. He said I should not have been arrested, should have been ticketed. 15 hrs in jail was good enough. I'm just hoping this won't hang me up. Thanks
Dont worry, your case is minor compared to mine. I was charged with a more serious crime. I got deferred adjudication and was still able to get my CHL. I didnt even disclose it since I was never charged with it
Took class 8/11/12 -Applied online/finger prints/mailed 8/15/12-Received in Austin 8/17/12-Background under review 8/31/12-
Background complete/mfg. pending 10/09/12--MFG 10/10/12-MAILED 10/11/12--Received 10/18/12!!!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Sidekick wrote:That's what I thought. The thing is I never went to a court for this.
You already listed the arrest on your application.
It won't affect your eligibility, but you still need to send the copy to DPS.
What does the disposition printout say?
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Sidekick

Post by Sidekick »

It has dismissed on it. I was just hoping it would look more legit.
Thank you guys for the help.

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

I'm sorry but I have to call you out on this. How can you say " I was charged with a more serious crime." and then say
" I didnt even disclose it since I was never charged with it"

Sounds as though your making up stories just to post something! Please spare us.

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
Dont worry, your case is minor compared to mine. I was charged with a more serious crime. I got deferred adjudication and was still able to get my CHL. I didnt even disclose it since I was never charged with it

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

PSTL*PAKR wrote: Dont worry, your case is minor compared to mine. I was charged with a more serious crime. I got deferred adjudication and was still able to get my CHL. I didnt even disclose it since I was never charged with it
I'm kind of wondering about that one myself.
If you were never charged with a crime, you could not have received deferred adjudication for the crime.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Javier730 »

RossA wrote:
PSTL*PAKR wrote: Dont worry, your case is minor compared to mine. I was charged with a more serious crime. I got deferred adjudication and was still able to get my CHL. I didnt even disclose it since I was never charged with it
If you were never charged with a crime, you could not have received deferred adjudication for the crime.
There is a document you should of received each time you go to court with all you info on it including the charge, offense date , location etc. It also had a disposition date that was blank until you were done with everything. Thats what I mailed in. Ill post a picture of it when I get home later today.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

PSTL*PAKR

Post by PSTL*PAKR »

Javier730 wrote:
RossA wrote:
There is a document you should of received each time you go to court with all you info on it including the charge, offense date , location etc. It also had a disposition date that was blank until you were done with everything. Thats what I mailed in. Ill post a picture of it when I get home later today.
Im sorry.... I was charged, but not CONVICTED!!!! :banghead:
Took class 8/11/12 -Applied online/finger prints/mailed 8/15/12-Received in Austin 8/17/12-Background under review 8/31/12-
Background complete/mfg. pending 10/09/12--MFG 10/10/12-MAILED 10/11/12--Received 10/18/12!!!

PSTL*PAKR

Post by PSTL*PAKR »

louisf1 wrote:I'm sorry but I have to call you out on this. How can you say " I was charged with a more serious crime." and then say
" I didnt even disclose it since I was never charged with it"

Sounds as though your making up stories just to post something! Please spare us.

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
Sorry, the word I was looking for was convicted. Yes i was charged, but never convicted....

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”