Moe's Southwest Grill

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
fast86gn
Posts in topic: 2

Moe's Southwest Grill

Post by fast86gn »

Moe's in Garland are very OC friendly. First place I have been to where I was told by the employees "Thank you for OCing in our establishment. Food was good too. lol
David

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Moe's Southwest Grill

Post by Right2Carry »

Glad that some businesses aren't scared of the second amendment and freedom.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

If ever I'm in that part of the world, I'll give them my business.

Reminds me of Moe's on "The Simpsons", that's easy to remember.

I OC'd very briefly yesterday while filling up my truck.

No one (and there were a lot of people gassing up their vehicles) noticed or if they did they remained very discreet about it.

Having been accosted by questionable people while being a captive audience when filling up, I'm going to make this practice an every time thing.

Thanks for the head's up about Moe's.

Topic author
fast86gn

Post by fast86gn »

Abraham wrote:If ever I'm in that part of the world, I'll give them my business.

Reminds me of Moe's on "The Simpsons", that's easy to remember.

I OC'd very briefly yesterday while filling up my truck.

No one (and there were a lot of people gassing up their vehicles) noticed or if they did they remained very discreet about it.

Having been accosted by questionable people while being a captive audience when filling up, I'm going to make this practice an every time thing.

Thanks for the head's up about Moe's.

I'm with ya... it keeps the beggars/bums away
David

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

fast86gn wrote:Moe's in Garland are very OC friendly. First place I have been to where I was told by the employees "Thank you for OCing in our establishment. Food was good too. lol
I wonder if their Cedar Hill location is likewise? I've been wanting to try the place ...

SA-TX

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Along the same lines, but not as overt, I had lunch recently at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse in Sunset Valley (Austin). As I walked in, there was a sign to the right of the entryway that said something to the effect of —

"It is illegal to posses a firearm on these premises unless the weapon is a handgun and the person is licensed in accordance with Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code."

The wording was different, but that was the gist of it. It was nice to know that I didn't have to continue looking for a 30.06 sign, or worry that it might be a 51% establishment.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

der Teufel wrote:Along the same lines, but not as overt, I had lunch recently at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse in Sunset Valley (Austin). As I walked in, there was a sign to the right of the entryway that said something to the effect of —

"It is illegal to posses a firearm on these premises unless the weapon is a handgun and the person is licensed in accordance with Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code."

The wording was different, but that was the gist of it. It was nice to know that I didn't have to continue looking for a 30.06 sign, or worry that it might be a 51% establishment.
Just a word of caution: That sounds a lot like a TABC blue sign. There are some businesses that have that sign posted and still post a 30.06 or a 30.07. Basically, they have to post the TABC sign, but they choose to post 30.06 as well. Just FYI.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

SA-TX wrote:
fast86gn wrote:Moe's in Garland are very OC friendly. First place I have been to where I was told by the employees "Thank you for OCing in our establishment. Food was good too. lol
I wonder if their Cedar Hill location is likewise? I've been wanting to try the place ...

SA-TX

I don't know about Moe's, but Joe's Crab Shack in Cedar Hill has no signage, and I OC there on Saturday.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

LucasMcCain wrote:
der Teufel wrote:Along the same lines, but not as overt, I had lunch recently at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse in Sunset Valley (Austin). As I walked in, there was a sign to the right of the entryway that said something to the effect of —

Just a word of caution: That sounds a lot like a TABC blue sign. There are some businesses that have that sign posted and still post a 30.06 or a 30.07. Basically, they have to post the TABC sign, but they choose to post 30.06 as well. Just FYI.
That's the new wording for the TABC Blue sign. It clarifies that long guns are not covered. (Maybe to ward off OCT types?)
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

Jusme wrote:
SA-TX wrote:

SA-TX

I don't know about Moe's, but Joe's Crab Shack in Cedar Hill has no signage, and I OC there on Saturday.
Nice. I've eaten there a few times over the years. Since we are in adjoining counties (Ellis & Johnson) we should sponsor a meeting in CH, Grand Prairie, or somewhere of suitable convenience.

FYI - not sure about their sign status but my dad loves to go to Razzoos (Cajun) when he's visiting from 'Bama.

SA-TX

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

SA-TX wrote:
Jusme wrote:
SA-TX wrote:

SA-TX

Nice. I've eaten there a few times over the years. Since we are in adjoining counties (Ellis & Johnson) we should sponsor a meeting in CH, Grand Prairie, or somewhere of suitable convenience.

FYI - not sure about their sign status but my dad loves to go to Razzoos (Cajun) when he's visiting from 'Bama.

SA-TX

I have OC at the Razzoo's Southwest Ft. Worth no signage there either. Yeah a meet up sounds good probably be a few weeks though SWMBO has my schedule pretty full along with Boy Scout issues etc..
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”