Is This Sign Legal?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Is This Sign Legal?

Post by WildBill »

cb1000rider wrote:
WildBill wrote: I wasn't very clear, but I was referring only to Grisham not being able to successfully win a lawsuit because of his loud mouth and alleged obnoxious personality.

I apologize for the confusion. :
My apologies for the lack of comprehension..
I didn't see any coverage of Grisham's trial, but I'd be surprised if his attorney let him say anything.
Liking / not-liking Grisham not withstanding, I was shocked by the outcome of that trial. Goes to show you that even criminal outcomes can be very unpredictable..
I was being cryptic because I didn't want to post his name.
Sometimes it can be hard to defend a case without testimony by the defendant or witnesses.
Regardless of the Fifth Amendment, many jurors are suspicious of a defendant who doesn't testify in their own defense.
I didn't really try to follow it so don't know anything about how it unfolded in court.
NRA Endowment Member

jimbo57
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimbo57 »

Just an update, since this thread seems to have died out.
I was at the Irving Convention Center today for Zest Fest - No Signs - No Wands - Carried concealed for several hours at this event with no issues.

sailor2000

Post by sailor2000 »

I recall reading on this forum that if a govt owned property is rented by a non govt organization, then the property or premise is under the control of the renter and the renter may post enforceable 30.06 / 30.07 signs for the portion of the premise under their control. (I think I saw this in a discussion of gun shows in govt buildings posting 30.06 / 30.07)

The govt owner of the building cannot post enforceable 30.06/30.07 but a private renter can.
It is useless for the Sheep to circulate petitions calling for universal vegetarianism while the Wolves hold a different opinion.
NRA Endowment Member

http://www.senioranswer.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

sailor2000 wrote:I recall reading on this forum that if a govt owned property is rented by a non govt organization, then the property or premise is under the control of the renter and the renter may post enforceable 30.06 / 30.07 signs for the portion of the premise under their control. (I think I saw this in a discussion of gun shows in govt buildings posting 30.06 / 30.07)

The govt owner of the building cannot post enforceable 30.06/30.07 but a private renter can.
The private renter can post a sign, but not a criminally enforceable sign. The law is quite clear, 30.06/7 doesn't apply to government property. And the AG opinion that allows posting of signs on government property by private entities is actually not that broad and could arguably only apply to specific cases of non-profit leases.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ScottDLS wrote:
sailor2000 wrote:I recall reading on this forum that if a govt owned property is rented by a non govt organization, then the property or premise is under the control of the renter and the renter may post enforceable 30.06 / 30.07 signs for the portion of the premise under their control. (I think I saw this in a discussion of gun shows in govt buildings posting 30.06 / 30.07)

The private renter can post a sign, but not a criminally enforceable sign. The law is quite clear, 30.06/7 doesn't apply to government property. And the AG opinion that allows posting of signs on government property by private entities is actually not that broad and could arguably only apply to specific cases of non-profit leases.
:iagree: My understanding is thus.

If A private property renter posts a sign that otherwise complies with all requirements of 30.06 on premises that are owned by the government, and a LTC holder conceal carries past that sign, then neither party has done anything illegal. The sign isn't valid, but it's also not illegal for the renter to post it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”