new to Texas! got some questions...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Re: new to Texas! got some questions...

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Greybeard wrote:Looks like others have you headed in the right direction. Welcome to the forum. And to Tejas. One more bit of common advice to newbs here. Don't buy bbq sandwiches from any place that also sells minnows. :mrgreen:
Allow me to clarify. Don't buy CHOPPED bbq sandwiches... :biggrinjester:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

Oh no! Let's don't start the "best BBQ" thing again. :roll:
TX CHL 1997

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ScottDLS »

Remember Texas is the biggest state...because, you melt down Alaska...you get something the size of Rhode Island!!!
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Texas is the best state. Period. BBQ, TexMex, coast, plains, farms, cities, lakes, and no income tax.

I drove for six and a half hours a couple weeks ago. Drove through farm lands, plains, woodlands, and to the coast. All in Texas.

Welcome!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

rdcrags wrote:Oh no! Let's don't start the "best BBQ" thing again. :roll:

It can easily deteriorate into fisticuffs. :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

Welcome to Texas, and welcome to the best forum to get insights on 2A issues. You'll find a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people here to help out.
Weg wrote:All I can say is, your free now. Please vote appropriately to retain that freedom. Welcome to Texas.
The quote from Weg is the most important one of this thread so far.
TexasJohnBoy wrote:Texas is the best state. Period. BBQ, TexMex, coast, plains, farms, cities, lakes, and no income tax.

I drove for six and a half hours a couple weeks ago. Drove through farm lands, plains, woodlands, and to the coast. All in Texas.

Welcome!
Yeah, well, we had slow cars in Tennessee also! :biggrinjester:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Weg wrote:All I can say is, your free now. Please vote appropriately to retain that freedom. Welcome to Texas.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dredude

Post by dredude »

Can a school district's policy of "No Guns or Firearms allowed on District Property" override the Texas Law of lawful carry in a vehicle on Texas School's parking lots?

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

dredude wrote:Can a school district's policy of "No Guns or Firearms allowed on District Property" override the Texas Law of lawful carry in a vehicle on Texas School's parking lots?
It's not a question of overriding.. It's a question of how the law is written... And this is were the confusion comes in play. You cannot bring a gun into a school or event sponsored by a school. However... Let's say your picking up your kids, you can drive into the school parking lot and as long as your firearm is securely stored in your vehicle you can go and get them... At least as it was explained to me by the LTC instructor.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Policy doesn't override state law, but state law may allow your employer to fire you for violating policy, even if you didn't break the law. IANAL
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Texas is the best state. Period. BBQ, TexMex, coast, plains, farms, cities, lakes, and no income tax.

Welcome!
I did an online chat several years ago with a girl from Connecticut, she said something about driving an hour and crossing two State lines, I told her I can drive an hour and no be out of my county!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

Tex1961 wrote:
dredude wrote:Can a school district's policy of "No Guns or Firearms allowed on District Property" override the Texas Law of lawful carry in a vehicle on Texas School's parking lots?
It's not a question of overriding.. It's a question of how the law is written... And this is were the confusion comes in play. You cannot bring a gun into a school or event sponsored by a school. However... Let's say your picking up your kids, you can drive into the school parking lot and as long as your firearm is securely stored in your vehicle you can go and get them... At least as it was explained to me by the LTC instructor.
It can also be concealed on your person. However, since being dismissed and leaving is a student activity, don't wander around on campus during this period. You would be in violation. My understanding.
TX CHL 1997

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”