Thank you Russell! :tiphat:
Ron
NRA Member

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas3006.com - New watch list settings feature

Post by Vol Texan »

Awesome. Thanks for the updates!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Thanks for all your help!
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

That's a cool idea, but I'm still thinking that some folks may want to monitor two or more different locations that are several to a hundreds of miles apart and not care or want notifications about everywhere else in between. I wonder if you could keep the current new setup with a radius and also have the ability to choose up to five zip codes. Also, the jump from 10-50 miles is a big jump. Could there be an intermediate distance of 20 or 25 miles?

I understand this is a new feature, so maybe we can just wait and see what other users think and if they have similar concerns or recommendations.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

This is one of the finest tools I've ever seen for LTC holders. I've been a Beta tester and made numerous posts. Very easy to use. When you see a sign, open the map, hit arrow for current location, and see if they are already posted. If not, you can post it, including a photo, in less than a minute. I highly encourage all to download the app and actively add any and all sites.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Just a thought. $3.99 × 6000+ would go a long way to helping recoup some of your costs and time.

Thanks for such a quality app.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mdubtx

Post by mdubtx »

That is fantastic -THANK YOU
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

KLB

Post by KLB »

C-dub wrote:I'm still thinking that some folks may want to monitor two or more different locations that are several to a hundreds of miles apart and not care or want notifications about everywhere else in between.
From this I infer that it's not just that I couldn't figure out how to add a second zip code.

Because I own land 150 miles from where I live, I would prefer to be able to keep track of both areas. But I'll take what I can get. I understand this is a free service, and I appreciate that it exists.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well Russell, I'll tell you what...... you've designed a truly useful app. I beta-tested it too, and have continued to update it as the update notices get pushed out. So far, I've used it a bunch of times to check for listings, and I've used it twice to list something new. I have no problem with the new watch list feature. One thing that I'm debating is turning off is auto-notifications any time I'm near a posted location. I haven't played yet with the proximity setting, which seems to be defaulted to 100 meters. My church is right next door to a 30.07 posted movie theater, and I'm active in my church so I come and go a lot there......resulting in multiple notifications for the same location. And the market located near my closest freeway access is posted both 06/07, so I get notifications nearly every time I leave or return to my neighborhood. It's not really a complaint, because I can see how the feature can be useful, but clearly it requires the user to be involved in customizing the app for their own use.

I will gladly make a donation.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

loktite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by loktite »

Perhaps for TAM's issue, you could add an option to excluded specific businesses from the proximity warning. The user would need to do this for each individual business, and I would presume that list would be kept locally on his phone/tablet. Might even be as simple as an option in the app settings that provides a button to ignore all future warnings for that entity when the proximity warning pops up.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”