Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Post by PUCKER »

locke_n_load wrote:See attached for a press release from Waller County DA. This will get interesting, especially for legislation next year.
I suggest that the DA go back to grammar school (rationale vs rational). :tiphat:

wcalvert
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Post by wcalvert »

The Waller County DA and a representative from the TAG office were interviewed about this today on the Houston Matters radio show.

Link to the show (they are the first segment): https://soundcloud.com/houstonmatters/g ... er-12-2016

TLDR: Waller County DA says it would be too difficult, and it's anti-Texas to have big government control local government. Also, that the law says they can restrict guns anywhere on the premises. TAG rep says that the legislature specifically defined premises to mean a part of a building.
:txflag:

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SewTexas »

So, we don't want people sitting outside the door of the courtroom....instead they'll just sit outside the door of the courthouse? right..... uh huh....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 4

Post by warnmar10 »

SewTexas wrote:So, we don't want people sitting outside the door of the courtroom....instead they'll just sit outside the door of the courthouse? right..... uh huh....
Their interpretation of premises would seem to include just outside the door too.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

That Waller County DA can't even get it right in his press release. He still thinks that hospitals are off limits. I would be very worried about what else they are educating people about.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

C-dub wrote:That Waller County DA can't even get it right in his press release. He still thinks that hospitals are off limits. I would be very worried about what else they are educating people about.
probably still thinks churches are too.
:roll:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

SewTexas wrote:
C-dub wrote:That Waller County DA can't even get it right in his press release. He still thinks that hospitals are off limits. I would be very worried about what else they are educating people about.
probably still thinks churches are too.
:roll:
Possibly, but he didn't make that mistake in his press release for all to see.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

wcalvert
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wcalvert »

Was just doing some googling, and there is a slight update from a few weeks ago:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/10/ ... y-lawsuit/

TLDR: TXAG filed a brief saying that the Waller County court should not be the site of the lawsuit and to dismiss it under lack of jurisdiction.

Can't find any additional updates. Anybody got anything?
:txflag:

theHunter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by theHunter »

So did the hearing happen?

ELB
Posts in topic: 20

Post by ELB »

theHunter wrote:So did the hearing happen?
Good question. I googled around, but only found an article a week prior to the hearing, nothing about the hearing and didn't see anything on the Texas3006 facebook page.
USAF 1982-2005

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Russell wrote:It did, but no official word yet on the outcome aside from the judge refusing Holcomb's request to dismiss the case based on first amendment grounds / Texas' Anti-SLAPP laws.
Will definitely go up the chain if they rule in Waller County's favor. I still can't believe they are doing this.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

goose
Posts in topic: 5

Post by goose »

Isn't this a violation of the whistle blower act? The subjects blow the whistle on the royalty, and then the royalty punishes the subjects. If I lived in Waller County this train of thought by the government would make me nervous even if I didn't like the 2A.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

goose wrote:Isn't this a violation of the whistle blower act? The subjects blow the whistle on the royalty, and then the royalty punishes the subjects. If I lived in Waller County this train of thought by the government would make me nervous even if I didn't like the 2A.
IIRC, the whistle blower act protects employees from retaliation when they blow the whistle on their employer and this guy is not an employee of the county. However, IMHO, a fat lot of good that law has done. We've heard of many whistle blowers receive retaliation in the form of being reassigned to crummy jobs or not assigned any work or things like that to get them to quit on their own.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”