Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
Russell
Senior Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby Russell » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Terry Holcomb just posted this up on the Texas Carry Facebook page. I'll probably call in this evening to give it a listen.


Organizer: Terry Holcomb Sr

Subject: Waller County Lawsuit Update and Path Forward

Date and Time 11/29/2016 8:00 PM US/Central (GMT-0600)

1. Dial Into the Conference (United States): (712) 775-7031
Access Code: 454293
International Dial-In Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/texascarry

2. Join the Online Meeting:
Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/texascarry
Online Meeting ID: texascarry

Notes:
This meeting will be to communicate and review the Waller County ruling. We will also communicate path forward in the legal system as well as the effort currently underway in the Texas Legislature.

Instructions:
At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line. When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the pound key. To join the online meeting, click on the online meeting link listed above and follow the prompts to join the meeting.

I recommend starting to log in 15 minutes early to avoid any delay.
http://www.texas3006.com - Texas 30.06 and 30.07 Signage Database.
Join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/texas3006


locke_n_load
Senior Member
Posts: 909
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby locke_n_load » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Russell wrote:Terry Holcomb just posted this up on the Texas Carry Facebook page. I'll probably call in this evening to give it a listen.


Organizer: Terry Holcomb Sr

Subject: Waller County Lawsuit Update and Path Forward

Date and Time 11/29/2016 8:00 PM US/Central (GMT-0600)

1. Dial Into the Conference (United States): (712) 775-7031
Access Code: 454293
International Dial-In Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/texascarry

2. Join the Online Meeting:
Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/texascarry
Online Meeting ID: texascarry

Notes:
This meeting will be to communicate and review the Waller County ruling. We will also communicate path forward in the legal system as well as the effort currently underway in the Texas Legislature.

Instructions:
At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line. When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the pound key. To join the online meeting, click on the online meeting link listed above and follow the prompts to join the meeting.

I recommend starting to log in 15 minutes early to avoid any delay.


Sounds like the judge did not rule in Terry's favor. Which this was a Waller County Judge right?
"They that would give up Essential Liberty, for a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

EDC - Glock 26 Gen IV
CHL Holder since 10/08

User avatar

TxLobo
Senior Member
Posts: 839
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Brownwood, Texas

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby TxLobo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Houston Chronicle posted a tweet about an hour ago..

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... er-desktop
"It's not the wolves of the wild that I fear, but the sheep, the sheep cause me concern.."

1911, 'cause life's too short to carry an ugly gun...
NRA Life Member


Topic author
Russell
Senior Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby Russell » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Just got off the conference call, it did not go in Terry's favor at all but they kind of expected that given the good old boy system there.

They are working on the appeals already, and he said that several legislators called him to express concern. The legislators are working on a bill to prevent this kind of retaliation from happening again.
http://www.texas3006.com - Texas 30.06 and 30.07 Signage Database.
Join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/texas3006


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby treadlightly » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Seems like rules I'm not to forget include always being sure of my target.

Waller County is targeting LTC holders, presumably to preempt crime? LTC holders, those proud few who demonstrate exemplary conduct decade after decade? They are Waller County's target?

I'm a little befuddled.

User avatar

AJSully421
Senior Member
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Benbrook / SW Fort Worth

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby AJSully421 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Russell wrote:Just got off the conference call, it did not go in Terry's favor at all but they kind of expected that given the good old boy system there.

They are working on the appeals already, and he said that several legislators called him to express concern. The legislators are working on a bill to prevent this kind of retaliation from happening again.


County tyrants about to get smacked by the TXLEG!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16499
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:29 am

AJSully421 wrote:
Russell wrote:Just got off the conference call, it did not go in Terry's favor at all but they kind of expected that given the good old boy system there.

They are working on the appeals already, and he said that several legislators called him to express concern. The legislators are working on a bill to prevent this kind of retaliation from happening again.


County tyrants about to get smacked by the TXLEG!

Do you know of a bill or plans to file one? I mean something other than Holcomb's comment.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2452
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby bblhd672 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:39 am

Hopefully somewhere in the appeals process a real judge will strike down this lawsuit - and require Waller County to reimburse Mr. Holcomb for all of his legal expenses in this frivolous lawsuit and egregious attempt to punish those who attempt to have Texas laws enforced.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4939
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby puma guy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:45 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Russell wrote:Just got off the conference call, it did not go in Terry's favor at all but they kind of expected that given the good old boy system there.

They are working on the appeals already, and he said that several legislators called him to express concern. The legislators are working on a bill to prevent this kind of retaliation from happening again.


County tyrants about to get smacked by the TXLEG!

Do you know of a bill or plans to file one? I mean something other than Holcomb's comment.

Chas.

I'd like to see modifications to official oppression laws. When some one makes a statement as quoted in the Waller Co meeting, that they will prosecute a person for no violation of law or statute and use their authority and the law enforcement entities under their control to do so they need to be prosecuted themselves. The penalties should be severe for violating the trust of the people and ignoring the law. JMHO
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


Topic author
Russell
Senior Member
Posts: 2771
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby Russell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:46 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Do you know of a bill or plans to file one? I mean something other than Holcomb's comment.

Chas.



They never mentioned any bill numbers or anything in the call, just that they are being "worked on". Something about wanting to remove governmental immunity to allow individual lawsuits for posting illegal signage.
http://www.texas3006.com - Texas 30.06 and 30.07 Signage Database.
Join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/texas3006


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:52 am

puma guy wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Russell wrote:Just got off the conference call, it did not go in Terry's favor at all but they kind of expected that given the good old boy system there.

They are working on the appeals already, and he said that several legislators called him to express concern. The legislators are working on a bill to prevent this kind of retaliation from happening again.


County tyrants about to get smacked by the TXLEG!

Do you know of a bill or plans to file one? I mean something other than Holcomb's comment.

Chas.

I'd like to see modifications to official oppression laws. When some one makes a statement as quoted in the Waller Co meeting, that they will prosecute a person for no violation of law or statute and use their authority and the law enforcement entities under their control to do so they need to be prosecuted themselves. The penalties should be severe for violating the trust of the people and ignoring the law. JMHO


:iagree:

As a start, they should face the same penalties as a non-LEO who does the same thing. If you knowingly arrest a person with no reasonable basis to even suspect that they have committed a crime, that should be punished as a kidnap / false imprisonment offense. Malicious prosecution is equivalent to making a terroristic threat (the same as if I threaten to take away your freedom and possessions), any actual arrest would also involve assault.

Those acting with no legal basis should lose any immunity from personal criminal and civil prosecution. Those illegally ordering others to do so should also face the same punishment.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby treadlightly » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:20 pm

Little courts can sometimes forget their places. I once wrote a couple of letters to the Groesbeck Municipal Court asking what law I'd pleasantly pled guilty to. I was stupidly over the speed limit and I never argued. The only response I ever got was a written threat of a restraining order if I ever wrote the court again.

Some people and a little power, sheesh.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts: 5613
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby ELB » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:16 pm

In recent memory:

Sarah Bland. (not first hanging at the jail, just the most recent).

A few months ago two sheriff's cars were burgled for 8 weapons.

Right now Sheriff is in the spotlight again because he can't account for two more weapons his department owns.

Lawsuit against Holcomb.

Seems to be a cloud of "win" over Waller County.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4939
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby puma guy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:00 pm

ELB wrote:In recent memory:

Sarah Bland. (not first hanging at the jail, just the most recent).

A few months ago two sheriff's cars were burgled for 8 weapons.

Right now Sheriff is in the spotlight again because he can't account for two more weapons his department owns.

Lawsuit against Holcomb.

Seems to be a cloud of "win" over Waller County.

Looks like these guys are losing firearms right and left. This article from December '15 reports 10 weapons, two from a county commissioner and eight from the sheriff, including a machine gun. Now two more are missing. I understand why they will prosecute anyone who disobeys their illegal 30.0/07 signs. They're trying to rebuild their firearms inventory. :lol: They're more interested in pursuing the most law abiding group of people in Texas rather than the criminals stealing their property.

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/let-them-eat-steak-waller-county-sheriffs-car-robbed-of-guns-during-steakhouse-luncheon-7984386
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

Jago668
Senior Member
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am

Re: Texas Carry Executive Director sued for filing signage complaint against Waller County

Postby Jago668 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:38 pm

I bet if I "lost" an automatic weapon the ATF would be in my business with a microscope.
NRA Benefactor Member


Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests