Plano Balloon Festival

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Plano Balloon Festival

Post by Keith B »

Yep, I am there and trying to fly. Weather didn't cooperate this morning, but had nice flight yesterday morning and a glow last night. Hoping weather lets us get a glow tonight before rain moves in.

As for restrictions, it is not posted, and as stated, it is public property. However, probably wouldn't open carry with the crowds around, but that's just me.

If you plan to come out, watch their Facebook page or website for updates related to weather. https://www.facebook.com/planoballoon/?fref=ts or www.planoballoonfestival.org

And, you can't get out to the balloons, but my balloon has the Fox 4 / My27 banners on it.

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

Keith B wrote:And, you can't get out to the balloons, but my balloon has the Fox 4 / My27 banners on it.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

John Galt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John Galt »

Any glows Saturday night? Last forecast I heard for Sunday didn't sound conducive for any balloon activity.

This may be one of those years in which Mother Nature just doesn't cooperate. We have had a few of those throughout the years.
Last edited by John Galt on Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Highly Cool! ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Pawpaw wrote:Highly Cool! ;-)
Yes sir! :-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

John Galt wrote:Any glows Saturday night? Last forecast I heard for Sunday didn't sound conducive for any balloon activity.

This may be one of those years in which Mother Nature just doesn't cooperate. We have had a few of those throughout the years.
Had a glow tonight, but not all balloons made it up due to high wind and approaching storm. They had to suspend activities for the evening because of lighting and cancel the fireworks. Tomorrow looks iffy at best. :-(
Keith

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”