Great article on Breitbart about Texas3006.com!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Great article on Breitbart about Texas3006.com!

Post by Jusme »

Great Post!!

It's good that the word is spreading, and that businesses, may change their stance.

Congrats to Russell for setting up this awesome resource for everyone. :tiphat: :tiphat:

:thewave
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

:txflag:
Thanks for such a great resource!
:txflag:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

AndyC wrote:The whole Pi Pizza incident in Houston was what prompted me to finally get the app for my phone. It's pretty spectacular stuff, so kudos to the developer.
If you have an Android, SoloXCRacer would be that developer...gave him kudos in person on it. He did a great Job!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I'm a big fan of the website and the app. It's great to see you guys getting some public recognition.

Kudos to all of you. You're doing one heck of a job!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Interesting photo Breitbart chose as a cover. A Glock holstered on the right hip--with no magazine in it--and a single mag holder carrying a mag in front of the holster on the right hip.

Takes nothing away from the article about Texas3006.com, of course. Just a what-were-they-thinking :headscratch moment.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Thank you for posting about the app. I loaded it on my phone and found it interesting some of the locations that are 30.06. Like hotels and apartment buildings. A grocery store called Sprouts is both 30.06 & 30.07. Guess I won't be going there again.

What do you think is the best distance and time setting on this?

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

SoloXCRacer suggested enlarging your radius when I mentioned that it ate up battery. He said that the tighter it is set, the more battery it tends to use pinpointing your phone's location. It has helped the battery usage I think.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

minytrker

Post by minytrker »

I have the app and use it frequently, however it never notifies me if I am close to a place that has 3006 like I set it to. I even changed the distance and nothing. Anyone else have this happen?

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

:hurry: :thewave

Thank you Russell!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

minytrker wrote:I have the app and use it frequently, however it never notifies me if I am close to a place that has 3006 like I set it to. I even changed the distance and nothing. Anyone else have this happen?
If you're using an iPhone, go into "Settins" and scroll down to Texas3006. Tap on notifications and make sure you have all 5 switches turned on. Then in the app, go into "Settings" and set things up the way you want them.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Re-shared article with various memes on https://twitter.com/_PatJohnson_ twitter timeline to roughly 17,236 followers :txflag:

SoloXCRacer

Post by SoloXCRacer »

AndyC wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:
AndyC wrote:The whole Pi Pizza incident in Houston was what prompted me to finally get the app for my phone. It's pretty spectacular stuff, so kudos to the developer.
If you have an Android, SoloXCRacer would be that developer...gave him kudos in person on it. He did a great Job!
Yep, I use an Android - good to know :)
Here's another good tip if your work indoors in an office building most of the day. A lot of times, if you work deep inside an office building with a lot of coverage, GPS will have trouble locking in on your location. It might even lose signal. In cases like that, it will spend more time (thus more battery) trying to find you inside a building. If you're at work, you can go into Settings and disable Proximity Alerts temporarily. Disabling Proximity Alerts while you're at work (deep inside a building) will prevent the GPS chip from turning on in the background while the Proximity Alert Service is running.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”