Renaissance Festival 2016

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

goose
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Renaissance Festival 2016

Post by goose »

Morghulis wrote:
Abraham wrote:It's silly, but as an adult if that's your (ugh) thing, ah, okay...
Wow! You made 20% of the posts in the first page of this topic. Maybe take a deep breath and [let it go]
Ask him about the religion thread where he mentions a low tolerance for disrespectful strangers. It's all fun and games until it hits closer to ones own home. Hello pot, this is kettle. Got your ears on?
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

Children!

Pick up your toys.

This room is a mess!!

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Renfest is entertainment, we all like to be entertained just not the same likes.

goose

Post by goose »

Abraham wrote:Children!

Pick up your toys.

This room is a mess!!
I am fairly confident that most everyone reading along has figured out who is being more mature.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

OK folks, stop the personal attacks or this topic will be locked. Keep it on the issue of being posted or not.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

Abraham wrote:" What is silly tho, is for someone to tell someone else "if you don't like what I like then you are silly"

Now, you're just being silly...

Yeah, I know, being a pointing, mocking, non-PC so and so, just irritates the bejabers out of some...

Yup, it's a tough world when some folks (me for instance) think adults dressing up like ye olde world (that never was) and prance about looking ludicrous while pretending they're in a play is mock-worthy...and if you're one who does this and I make fun, have I popped your bubble of silly?

C'mon, you probably wouldn't be so sensitive if you didn't already hope you'd not be laughed at...you know you're being silly, but ok, you poor little thing, I won't laugh at you, I promise I won't laugh at you, alright I will laugh at you....bwahahahahahahaha! ok, ok, you look mah-veh-ouls! Snicker, chortle, snicker...

Now, if I'm gonna dress up like a 12 year old wanna be thespian, I'm gonna be Zorg, Emperor of the Multi-Verse and don't you cough, cough, sniffle, make sport of me...I'm Zorg, no fair laughing, no fair!!
I am all in! Let start a Multi-Verse Festival and make a killing! Oh wait, is that what Com :lol:: icon is?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

The faire is a great time. I've been quite a few times, and always enjoyed myself. I make chainmail, leatherwork, and other medieval armour, like scalemail. Hiking around in the mud all day in 30+ pounds of armor isn't for the faint of heart, but I always get a lot of compliments on it, as very few people make the scalemail, and it's quite striking visually. The shows are funny, and the shops have some really neat stuff. I would recommend trying to attend on the weekend that they hold the highland games. I'm always impressed by men that can throw a telephone pole end over end.

While I gather the faire itself is posted, does anyone know if the camping area is? That is the main place I would want to be armed. I didn't have a CHL the last time I attended, so I don't remember if they had signs at the main entrance, at the entrance to the property, or where. Camping out Saturday night and going to the parties they have in the campground area is half the reason to go. Always a fun time.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

LucasMcCain wrote:The faire is a great time. I've been quite a few times, and always enjoyed myself. I make chainmail, leatherwork, and other medieval armour, like scalemail. Hiking around in the mud all day in 30+ pounds of armor isn't for the faint of heart, but I always get a lot of compliments on it, as very few people make the scalemail, and it's quite striking visually. The shows are funny, and the shops have some really neat stuff. I would recommend trying to attend on the weekend that they hold the highland games. I'm always impressed by men that can throw a telephone pole end over end.

While I gather the faire itself is posted, does anyone know if the camping area is? That is the main place I would want to be armed. I didn't have a CHL the last time I attended, so I don't remember if they had signs at the main entrance, at the entrance to the property, or where. Camping out Saturday night and going to the parties they have in the campground area is half the reason to go. Always a fun time.
Last time I camped there, they had 30.06 signs on the entrance to the camping area.

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Went yesterday, yes it's posted. Now for the really bad news. Traffic was a nightmare, going and leaving. Sat in our car for 3 hours trying to leave, it was one giant parking lot. Never will go again.

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 1

Post by maverick2076 »

Get there before 10 am, leave by 4pm, and you will never have any real trouble with traffic. My wife and I go 3-4 tmes every year. She gets to throw on a corset and some skirts, drink some sangria, and walk around looking at the shops and having fun. I get to hang out with the hot chick in the corset, go home, and enjoy some fun time with the hot chick in the corset. Its pretty much a win-win. IF you can't enjoy that, I suggest you find your own hot chick in a corset to open your eyes to the fun of TRF.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

striker55 wrote:Went yesterday, yes it's posted. Now for the really bad news. Traffic was a nightmare, going and leaving. Sat in our car for 3 hours trying to leave, it was one giant parking lot. Never will go again.

unless I'm mistaken, this past weekend, being the weekend before Thanksgiving, would have been the last weekend, thus one of, if not the, most attended weekend of the Faire. I love the Faire, and have gone many time over the last 30 year, but even I couldn't be paid to go on the last weekend.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

SewTexas wrote:
striker55 wrote:Went yesterday, yes it's posted. Now for the really bad news. Traffic was a nightmare, going and leaving. Sat in our car for 3 hours trying to leave, it was one giant parking lot. Never will go again.

unless I'm mistaken, this past weekend, being the weekend before Thanksgiving, would have been the last weekend, thus one of, if not the, most attended weekend of the Faire. I love the Faire, and have gone many time over the last 30 year, but even I couldn't be paid to go on the last weekend.
Guess that was our mistake, it was pretty packed.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

striker55 wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

Guess that was our mistake, it was pretty packed.

give it another chance....
don't go on Halloween though, that's another weekend to avoid, very rowdy and crowded.. pretty much every other weekend is good.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”