No longer in the system

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
fr0van
Posts in topic: 7

No longer in the system

Post by fr0van »

Applied months back for CHL, completed fingerprinting and then two weeks ago took test and sent in all supporting documents. Went in to system yesterday as a returning customer to check on my application. Was no longer recognized by system. Kept trying to log in and am now locked out supposedly for 24 hours. What an app. Will be sitting on hold tomorrow when I call trying to find out what's going on. I bought an XDS .45 3.3 in. as a gift to myself for getting my CHL - but don't have the CHL :)

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No longer in the system

Post by The Wall »

Maybe they were working on the system. Or maybe they want you to contact them because of a problem. Do you have any warrants? :lol:

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

fr0van wrote: Was no longer recognized by system. Kept trying to log in and am now locked out supposedly for 24 hours.
Something doesn't add up here. If the system didn't recognize you, how could it lock you out? Sounds more like a password problem than a lack of an account problem.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
fr0van

Post by fr0van »

Just entering my license and bday. It locked me out saying it didn't recognize the combination.

Eric Lamberson

Post by Eric Lamberson »

Carefully check what you are entering. If that fails, it is likely you entered it incorrectly when you applied (i.e. reversed 2 numbers, etc). Call tomorrow and they should be able determine the problem.
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;
Texas LTC Instructor, IDPA 6-gun Master, Suarez International Affiliate

Topic author
fr0van

Post by fr0van »

Thanks

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

Never mind my comment. I forgot they look you up without a password. :oops:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Maybe it was issued. I think that bumped me out of the waiting list status page.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Topic author
fr0van

Post by fr0van »

That would be awesome big trek. Thanks. :)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

fr0van wrote:I bought an XDS .45 3.3 in. as a gift to myself for getting my CHL - but don't have the CHL :)
In that case, you're going to return the XD, right? Or at least lock it up until this is all resolved. No playing with your toys until Christmas. :nono:

:biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
fr0van

Post by fr0van »

Couldn't resist shooting it today. Really like other :)

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I had a student earlier in the year that had the same problem and he called and found out that the long id number at the bottom of his DL did not match what they had. It was corrected and he received his LTC. But, he had to call.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
fr0van

Post by fr0van »

Ok thanks. I'll call today.

Topic author
fr0van

Post by fr0van »

Called this AM. For 15 minutes, kept getting message to call back later because of high caller volume. I kept at it and eventually got into the queue. 25 minutes later a real person answered. I am still in the system. She had no idea why I am not listed on site. Than said maybe it's because it's almost ready. Then told me that it could take up to 8 weeks. Evasive when pressed for why it takes so long. Oh well, back to trying to ignore it. Thanks all for help.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”