Do you refuse to do business with 30.06 & 30.07 businesses?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do you refuse to do business with 30.06 & 30.07 businesses?

Post by parabelum »

Initially I must admit I was fuming mad with '07 signs/businesses and chose to just go elsewhere. During the last several months I find myself more relaxed about it, with only exception being a '06 and '07 posted business. I will just move along.

Most of time I'm CC'ing, although at times I carry OWB, but I do cover with a jacket etc. I am starting to notice a significant comfort increase with OWB , maybe because I gained some weight over the holidays :???: ...

My wife ownes a store, and when I'm there I always cover up, for a multitude of reasons. I have yet to see a patron OC'ing in the store and we certainly will not post '07 in our place. Helps to live in a conservative community though. I can imagine elsewhere with prog gun grabbing fascists in the majority a business need to post '07 sign, for business continuity sake. More so for small business that cannot afford to lose customer base, especially if the 80% of their base consists of leftist amoebas.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

LucasMcCain wrote:
Rhino1 wrote:My related question is, do you avoid churches that post 30.06 or 30.07? I have the same position as i do with a business. When we moved here two years ago, we visited a church in New Braunfels several times but never saw a sign. While reviewing the Texas3006.com app for local businesses that were posted, I was surprised to see they were posted 30.06 at the entry to the parking lot. They are now posted with both. We found another church that we like better that is not posted.
I would not attend a church that prevented concealed carry. If a church will not allow me to protect myself and others, I view that as contrary to scripture, and it would make me wonder what else about that church is not doctrinally sound. My church does not post signs, but will politely ask anyone open carrying to cover up. I don't think it has actually come up so far, though. I don't have a problem with that, as scripture does support this behavior.
I have a friend who's fond of pointing out the Sermon on the Mount was delivered to an armed gathering - staves and knives were the defensive weapons of the day.

Personally, as much as I hate the civil rights question of denying arms, I hate to mess with mine. It's safer to just leave it quietly where it is, in the holster. I try to restrict my range to places where I can carry.

30.07, I just sigh and carry on (concealed) unless there is a freer alternative. 30.06, I go elsewhere if at all possible. My wife was in the hospital for an extended stay and I abandoned a gun in the parking lot, locked in my car, many, many times. I didn't think that was a good idea, but their property, their signs.

There is a little bar and grill I would like to go to much more often. Their burgers are legendary but they are posted with a 51% sign. I don't think they really get 51% of their revenue from hooch, but that's what the state told them to post. It's not the business' fault. I've eaten there. I just don't like to disarm/rearm.

Here's hoping for HB560.

Man from Nantucket
Banned

Post by Man from Nantucket »

If they don't want my business, I go somewhere that does.

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

thetexan wrote:Yes, we can choose to take our business elsewhere, but why? Is it to punish the owners in an effort to make them "pay" for their daring to prevent you from exercising a right you don't even have on their property?
Why? Because I carry a gun. I thought you of all people would want us to respect the right of the property owners and take our guns and our business elsewhere.

The real question is why they want to punish people who are licensed to carry by preventing us from carrying, while doing nothing to prevent robbers, rapists and "gangstas" from carrying. Do they hate us that much or do they love criminals that much? Why do they want to "make us pay"?
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

The Wall wrote:Only the 30.06 ones.
I agree. If a business wants a particular appearance of their business that's their choice. If I can keep my ability for self-defense, that's my main concern. Unfortunately my place of work has both and I'll be sending a letter of recommendation to remove the 30.06 part of the sign to the CEO.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

No. They refuse to do business with me.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LucasMcCain »

bigtek wrote:No. They refuse to do business with me.
:tiphat: This is my new favorite answer. I love it!
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

What's the big deal? The 30.07 sign does not apply to me. The 30.06 sign reminds me of the old sign about the "...owner's right to refuse service...". If that owner doesn't want my business, that's okay with me, somebody does.

apvonkanel
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apvonkanel »

Rhino1 wrote: I see 30.07 in a different light. As someone posted earlier in this thread, i don't see 30.07 by itself as anti-gun. A good example is the Gringo restaurant chain in Houston. The owner is very pro-gun and 2A but, because of the previously mentioned group, has posted his restaurants 30.07. His son even owns a gun store in Deer Park.
Which store in DP?
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

Glock4ever wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Except for medical, I won't go to a 30.06 posted business. 30.07 I will just cover up.
Good point on the medical. Would be a little awkward getting a prostate check for example with a Glock IWB.
I just hate stepping onto that scale with a couple of extra pounds... :lol:

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

I don't OC so, no I don't get my knickers in a knot over gun signs. Fortunately 98% of places I frequent have nothing more than 07 signs which don't apply to myself. If a posted business has something I want or need, I'll not waste time going elsewhere and disarm.

Rhino1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rhino1 »

apvonkanel wrote:
Rhino1 wrote: I see 30.07 in a different light. As someone posted earlier in this thread, i don't see 30.07 by itself as anti-gun. A good example is the Gringo restaurant chain in Houston. The owner is very pro-gun and 2A but, because of the previously mentioned group, has posted his restaurants 30.07. His son even owns a gun store in Deer Park.
Which store in DP?
Battleground Firearms
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

I think Battleground Arms went out of business.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

30.06 - totally avoid if possible.
3006.jpg
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”