Age At Class Time

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Age At Class Time

Post by carlson1 »

Can someone 20 take the class a month before he turns 21 and then turn his paper work in after his 21st birthday?

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Age At Class Time

Post by Greybeard »

Yes. Several of my students have done so. Just caution not to apply until actually 21.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Greybeard wrote:Yes. Several of my students have done so. Just caution not to apply until actually 21.
Thank you my friend. :tiphat: This will make a young man in my church very happy.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

carlson1 wrote:
Greybeard wrote:Yes. Several of my students have done so. Just caution not to apply until actually 21.
Thank you my friend. :tiphat: This will make a young man in my church very happy.
Makes my son very happy also. Instead of going out drinking and partying for his 21st, he plans to submit his LTC application and then go buy a handgun he's been wanting. He wants several so I don't know which one he'll get. The apple doesn't fall from the tree.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mojo84 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
Makes my son very happy also. Instead of going out drinking and partying for his 21st, he plans to submit his LTC application and then go buy a handgun he's been wanting. He wants several so I don't know which one he'll get. The apple doesn't fall from the tree.
It helps that you nurtured your little acorn into an oak! Kudos!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Wouldn't it be a good idea to check with the instructor? Different instructions may have different policies. Just a thought. Maybe class size would be an issue.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The Wall wrote:Wouldn't it be a good idea to check with the instructor? Different instructions may have different policies. Just a thought. Maybe class size would be an issue.
I will check with the instructor, but it is a class I am sponsoring. I just want to know if it was legal so if I need to use another instructor I will.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

carlson1 wrote:
The Wall wrote:Wouldn't it be a good idea to check with the instructor? Different instructions may have different policies. Just a thought. Maybe class size would be an issue.
I will check with the instructor, but it is a class I am sponsoring. I just want to know if it was legal so if I need to use another instructor I will.
It is legal. I believe Charles even covered this in one of his podcasts.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”